Lane Kiffin Interested in Ole Miss ??

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
If you hire les miles then you are accepting that you lose to Alabama every year.
I'm pretty sure that everybody in the SEC needs to accept that fact until Saban retires. Sure, teams will snipe us every now and then, but downgrade of coaching talent in the SEC, outside of Saban, right now is laughable. With the exception of Mississippi State and Ole Miss (until this week) nobody's current coach is an upgrade over who they had in 2007 and they've all gone down as they have chased Saban.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If you hire les miles then you are accepting that you lose to Alabama every year.
Would you rather deal through a tough 6 years with Les or a tough 6 years with what they got or worse?

Ole Miss really needed to keep Hugh in order to weather some of the storm. Now they are probably going to get hit Bama/ USC bad with sanctions. The big difference is that there are far less talented folks that grow up wanting to play for Ole Miss than Bama/USC. They really can't pass up Les Miles if he is the slightest bit interested because they could be a decade and some change from seeing a winning season and a bowl game.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I can't speak for other people but I can speak for me. I could not stand Lane Kiffin. But when Alabama hired him what was I to do? I will not bad mouth an active coach (not talking about being critical of plays). Also on this site people would be banned (and rightly so) for dissing a coach all the time. So I bit my tongue and crossed my fingers for the best. When he took the FAU job I celebrated.

I felt the same about Sark.

Just because I did not harp and carp on Kiffin all the time DID MEAN I LOVED THE GUY just because he was wearing Crimson and White. Not badmouthing Lane Kiffin for three years is not the same as liking Lane Kiffin.
This is also very true. However, there were quite a few who threw around the word genius and even suggested that they hoped Kiffin would take Saban's place. Like you, I despised the hire, but I also tried not to mention it. Sometimes, however, I just couldn't contain the negative thoughts, so you did much better than I did in that respect. I will say now, though, that I am glad he will not be on our sideline.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
If Ole Miss even talks to Kiffin they are far more stupid than I thought. Sure with Les Miles Ole Miss might still not be able to beat Alabama with CNS, but Miles did win a NC and his team's were almost always in the top 10 which if I am a PTB at Ole Miss this is the best I could hope for. From a character standpoint, if that still means anything, Miles is light years ahead of Freeze, Nutt and Orgeron. Just glad it is their problem and not ours.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Reasons it won't happen:

1. NCAA issues swirled around his recruiting at Tennessee. Ole Miss won't want to play with fire as it tries to recover from sanctions.

2. Chris Kiffin was a key figure in the current investigation.

3. Kiffin is closely connected to Ed Orgeron and runs his program in a similar fashion. Ole Miss doesn't want a sequel to the Coach O era.

4. Kiffin attracts media scrutiny and excessive attention like moths to a flame. It won't surprise me to see Ole Miss go for a nose-to-grindstone, more under-the-radar coach as it rebuilds.

5. After the moral failure of Freeze, Ole Miss is probably going to dig deeper in a coaches' personal/family life in their coaching search.

Crimsongator

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2003
Hills of North Georgia
I doubt it happens unless he sets positive records at FAU this year. Also consider some of the infractions involve his brother.

As much as I've thought Ole Miss was probably going to weasel their way out of some major punishments I think losing the head of the snake has brought them back down to reality and they will probably be more complient. Bringing Kiffin on almost assures that the NCAA will be on campus every day.

Fwiw. Don't be surprised if Mike Shula or other former SEC good boy coaches names are dropped for the job. I really don't think this interim will last because I have a feeling the house will be cleaned.
I don't think Shula will be interested. He said the only reason that he went to BAMA was because Momma Called.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.