Lane Kiffin Interested in Ole Miss ??

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Anybody hearing anything ? He`s reportedly following all this on twitter very closely. Could just be rumor, but.....we are talking Lane Kiffin here.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I doubt it happens unless he sets positive records at FAU this year. Also consider some of the infractions involve his brother.

As much as I've thought Ole Miss was probably going to weasel their way out of some major punishments I think losing the head of the snake has brought them back down to reality and they will probably be more complient. Bringing Kiffin on almost assures that the NCAA will be on campus every day.

Fwiw. Don't be surprised if Mike Shula or other former SEC good boy coaches names are dropped for the job. I really don't think this interim will last because I have a feeling the house will be cleaned.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
"Where's Coach Kiffin? Does he not come out of the locker room for warm-up's?"

"Oh, Lane? Yeah, he's at the Grove making sure we don't lose the party."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yah, I'm going to guess that:
1- nobody will touch this job with a 10' pole for some time, and
2- the PTB at OM are going to play it safe with this next hire - someone beyond reproach, even if it means a 'lesser' product.

Last edited:

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I'm not so sure that the interim coach doesn't get the job. Barring any dirty hands on his part in this NCAA case, but the guy played there and has family connections there and he might be the only and best option for them over the next 4 to 5 years.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm not so sure that the interim coach doesn't get the job. Barring any dirty hands on his part in this NCAA case, but the guy played there and has family connections there and he might be the only and best option for them over the next 4 to 5 years.
Unless he is 7 wins or better I just can't see it. The only thing that was keeping the dam from fully collapsing was Freeze, and now that he is gone his assistants are probably just as well. While Ole Miss was undoubtedly encouraging Freeze to win at all costs, they are probably going to start throwing him under the bus to save face. I really suspect a Shula, Chizik (yea same issues but never got caught), or a Les Miles (if he is willing to take it) to be the kinda targets they go after right now. If Sumlin or Gus are fired then you could add their names to the mix.

I would say Bobo but he seems to be a guy going up.

Last edited:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Anybody hearing anything ? He`s reportedly following all this on twitter very closely. Could just be rumor, but.....we are talking Lane Kiffin here.
Clay Travis posted a thing saying to watch the last few people Kiffy followed on Twitter. How does someone jump from him following some OM sites to what you posted?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
He was the lead on Laremy Tunsil's recruitment. Draw your own conclusions.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.