Last Chance U

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
There have been a few EMCC stories which have been successful, namely Jarran Reed and DJ Pettway. But it seems that most who were highlighted on the show have been busts, especially those from season 2. Just saw that Chauncey Rivers was ruled academically ineligible today @ MSU. He's one of several who haven't lived up to the hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
There is no defense for murder, and I am not trying to excuse their alleged crimes away. For me, the cumulative sadness of this young man's life, from his lousy childhood to the busted dreams of football stardom to the choices he allegedly made to be involved in crimes is just staggering.
Sad for the homicide victim? Their story ceased to be sad when they took a life (assuming this proves to be true).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I thought that I was the bleeding heart on this board. I certainly understand the idea that it is sad to waste one's life, and more sad for a family to watch a loved one do so. But I don't waste that emotion on those who choose to ruin or end the lives of others. When it comes to some crimes, I simply lose sympathy. Probably a flaw in my character, but there it is.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that the sympathy stems from the stories told on the program, which speaks well for its production. They show created a connection between the viewers and the players. I also felt bad for this kid on the show. He has had a very difficult life - one that I can barely imagine. I certainly feel for him and his brother for that experience. But at what point do we stop feeling bad for someone and just move on?

Sandusky's son is a great example. Through no fault of his own, he was sexually victimized as a child. Now he is going to go to prison for doing the same thing to other children. Would he have made the same choices if he were not a victim himself? Almost certainly not. But I really struggle finding sympathy for someone who does makes some of these choices.

But I am not criticizing those of you who can find room in your hearts for them. Maybe I should try harder.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.