Ole Mi$$ Coaching Search - Who is in that job in one year?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If Matt Luke goes .500 this season, then I think it will be Matt Luke.
If he does better than .500 it's a guarantee.
If he goes 3-9...who know's...but it won't be Matt Luke
Bad situation in Oxford right now...
I don't think they get an established Head coach no matter what money they offer.
They'll have to gamble on an "up and comer" until the NCAA makes a decision, and that could be 2040.

Agree with you, Sip. It's Coach Luke's job to lose at this point.

If QB Shea Patterson plays up to his potential they will likely finish the season with a winning record and Coach Luke will stay on.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Who would help them through the rough patch?

Troy Calhoun

What would be the stupidest hire they could make?

There's your answer.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

If QB Shea Patterson plays up to his potential they will likely finish the season with a winning record and Coach Luke will stay on.
I don't think Patterson makes it through the year. No run game and he is kind of small for the SEC.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Starting to hear that lack of organizational skills from the current esteemed group of coaches is giving current players reason to look around. If they do go 3-9 or 4-8 and have a bunch of defections who would take it?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The SEC was being bashed for our lack of quality head coaches before Freeze was fired. If they keep Luke it will drop us even further. While I know the OM job does not look appealing right now due to obvious reasons a bigger hire needs to be made. These SEC schools can not continually promote long time assistants to HC jobs and remain the best league in the nation IMO.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Starting to hear that lack of organizational skills from the current esteemed group of coaches is giving current players reason to look around. If they do go 3-9 or 4-8 and have a bunch of defections who would take it?
Do tell...

By "Lack of Organizational Skills" do you mean "the payments have dried up?"

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.