Ole Mi$$ Coaching Search - Who is in that job in one year?

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
There is zero chance he goes 3-8, unless he is 3-8 going into the egg bowl and they fire him before it
Probably not; but they could very well be underdog in all SEC games except Vandy; and that could be tough following poundings on the road by Bama and the Barn.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sounds like an old wrestling tactic. Bob Armstrong would lose a loser leave town match and come back as the Bullet or something like that. He did wear a mask though to conceal his true identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man...you are OLD....like me. ;)

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Could be like the Old Ball Coach. Get them to promise a Country Club membership as a perk. Then "Don't call a time out, or I'll be late for my tee time!" We call it retirement in situ where I am.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Les hasn't eaten much grass at OM. I like Les. He may be the class clown, but he's a pretty good coach. He's also a pretty good recruiter. OM may want him for the short term to get them thru Sanctions. If not Les... That could be the next stop for The Gus Bus...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Sounds like an old wrestling tactic. Bob Armstrong would lose a loser leave town match and come back as the Bullet or something like that. He did wear a mask though to conceal his true identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
College Football is in desperate need of more representation of Masked Americans.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If I were OM I would pass on Tubs. He seemed to quit caring three coaching stops ago.
That's why you rehire Thurston Howell, er, Houston Nutt and Tubby as co-head coaches - with a rehiring contractual clause for bringing back YawYaw Football in two years to complete a triumvirate...

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Purdue was not facing crippling sanctions

I did hear Miles on local radio last week - he is speaking here in Montgomery at Landmark Church in a few weeks - and he specifically said he wants to coach again, specifically mentioned SEC West, and alluded that he had heard a job may be coming open there. So perhaps he DOES want Ole Miss, maybe to get after those fighting tigers?

But I would like to see him back coaching, but in a stable situation with solid leadership. Ole Miss is neither of those.
I imagine there will always be turnover in the West as long as Coach Saban is on the sidelines. I read this as meaning A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss, LSU, and Arkansas. Miss State may be the only stable job right now!

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Wouldn't mind Les getting back to the party. He brings a measure of entertainment value not found in other coaches in the SEC. I've missed him.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I think the odds are pretty good that Les Miles gets the Ole Miss job. His wife wants him to be an analyst but he still wants to coach. I think the game has passed him by but he would bring some integrity to Ole Miss.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
College Football is in desperate need of more representation of Masked Americans.
As I recall, the NWA had a (kayfabe) rule against masked wrestlers holding the championship.......not that Ole Miss has to worry about that, their last SEC title came when JFK was still alive......er, a week after he died.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tubberville made his name there. And if I remember correctly, they were coming off sanctions. Mayby ole wingnut is exactly what the doctor ordered.
You're close. Actually, they were right in the middle of them. In fact, Tubs first year they had a one-year TV ban. Pete Boone incredulously pontificated, "The toughest thing about these sanctions is that we can't watch TV for a year."

They got hit with sanctions the day before we ended Auburn's unbeaten streak in 1994.

Tuberville was hired after that.

In fact, here's a list of their 1994 candidates from the 11/11/94 Clarion Ledger:
Tommy Bowden
David Cutcliffe
Mike DuBose (what a hire that would have been)
Ken Hatfield
Tommy Tuberville

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.