Wisconsin Company to Implant Microchips In Employees

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
If it's required, that's a hard pass. I'll find another job. If it's optional, it's still a solid negative, but thanks for the offer. Looks like it's time to build out my bunker.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
So it is for credit card info? Would suck everytime they are hacked and the credit card company has to mail you a new one to take to the doc to swap out.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I think this would be a great idea. I have chipped my pets for those times they escape, so they can be brought home.
If I got myself chipped, the police could bring me home if I forgot who I was or where I lived.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I bothered to read the linked article and was not surprised the media chose to formulate a sensational headline full of shock and awe.......despite nothing nefarious at all happening - yet something beneficial to the employee.

Here's the first line in the story:

A Wisconsin company is about to become the first in the U.S. to offer microchip implants to its employees.
Headline reads: TO implant

In reality they are: to OFFER

All in an effort to make paying for lunch item's easier. That's it. A convenience.

I like the idea myself.....wish they had that for drivers licenses so it would easier to go for motorcycle rides without taking my wallet!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I bothered to read the linked article and was not surprised the media chose to formulate a sensational headline full of shock and awe.......despite nothing nefarious at all happening - yet something beneficial to the employee.

All in an effort to make paying for lunch item's easier. That's it. A convenience.

I like the idea myself.....wish they had that for drivers licenses so it would easier to go for motorcycle rides without taking my wallet!
It will be here soon enough.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I don't think anyone (nor the headline) suggested anything nefarious.

Still a nope.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
What's wrong with using your phone to pay? I use Apple Pay all the time and I love the convenience and the better security it provides. I have never once had the thought, "man I wish I could just wave my hand instead of having to pull out my phone that is always in my pocket."

Technology: Improving laziness year after year.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
What's wrong with using your phone to pay? I use Apple Pay all the time and I love the convenience and the better security it provides. I have never once had the thought, "man I wish I could just wave my hand instead of having to pull out my phone that is always in my pocket."

Technology: Improving laziness year after year.

Some might say it's more convenient not to carry a phone with them.....I prefer carrying nothing, for example, as long as i have what I need.....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I would have quit my old job over them going to a system that required finger prints to clock in - thankfully I had already put in my two weeks notice at the time of that announcement. You can imagine how I'd do with this idea.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I would have quit my old job over them going to a system that required finger prints to clock in - thankfully I had already put in my two weeks notice at the time of that announcement. You can imagine how I'd do with this idea.

Unfortunately those in society who seek to cheat, lie, steal, and loaf off.....place burdens on those who are of strong morality and character.

A few bad apples.....

It's a real shame.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I bet the military is already considering it. It could contain much more relative medical information than just blood type and that could potentially save lives.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Wasn't being critical of you, CA, just for posting the article.....

How about Orwellian then.....instead of nefarious?
Some might say it's more convenient not to carry a phone with them.....I prefer carrying nothing, for example, as long as i have what I need.....
The fact that it is introduced as a convenience proves it is Orwellian. (decided against blue font)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Unfortunately those in society who seek to cheat, lie, steal, and loaf off.....place burdens on those who are of strong morality and character.

A few bad apples.....

It's a real shame.
all too often, those miscreants are the ones in charge telling everyone this is perfectly fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.