2017 Season Nears - Time to Tailgatel

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
2017 Season Nears - Time to Tailgate!

Ok, I am dedicating this post and recipe to our dear ole miss friends, to assuage them in the time of their suffering? Whoever could have guessed that whole recruiting and Freeze stuff was a house of cards?

When I think Ole Miss, one mental image is blue hairs sitting around fine china in a copse of trees, pretending they are relevant. So, I start 2017 with an old school recipe from a cookbook published in 1977 by the ladies of The Myrtle Beach First United Methodist Church.

White House Chicken Salad (cause it is good enough to serve at a State Dinner)

Ingredients...

4 cups cooked and torn or pulled chicken (or turkey)
1 cup cream of chicken soup
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup grated cheese (no specification, try what you like, cheddar would add color)
2 cups chopped celery
1 1/2 cups crushed potato chips
2/3 cup mayo
2 minced pimentos
4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
2/3 to 3/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions...

Combine chicken, celery, soup, mayo, lemon juice, pimentos, salt and pepper in a baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and use as a topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or so.

Caveat - this is old school. The original did not call for pepper, so I added it. You could add cajun seasoning for some kick, and a lightly smoked chicken for extra flavor. You might want to add a little extra mayo if it looks dry, or even sub sour cream for mayo, like I do in my poppyseed chicken casserole.

Recipe from Mrs. Ed Burriss (Alyce)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.