ESPNU Bama v Ole Miss - Last year. On now

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I will never forget this game. I had to leave the house to head to my son's football game. The score was Ole Miss 24-3. I remember being at my son's game and getting the score updates. It was an amazing comeback.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am watching this now and getting angry like it is live...lol. The missed helmet to helmet to Jalen and the missed personal foul that should have brought the fumble return back.

I am just ready for football season.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I forgot about the 4 quarter goal line sequence, was one of the craziest ones I've seen in football

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What sticks out about that game to me is this: when the Jalen fumble made it 24-3, my Eugene, OR buddy posted on my Facebook, "You've gotta pull him now." I told him, "No, that's the worst thing you can do right now. Put together a long touchdown drive and calm him and everyone down and we'll be fine."

Of course, the drive wasn't very long. But when the Eddie Jackson lightning bolt hit, I knew we were going in with momentum. Plus - Ole Miss had already blown a huge lead (28-6 I think, I went to bed early that night) against Florida State, and I knew we were better than the Noles.

The only time I actually got scared after the 24-3 deficit was when we fumbled with about 2 minutes left and thankfully recovered.

joooko

Jul 18, 2017
huh I'm such a loser. I missed it last year live, same now :mad:
think I need to find it recorded somewhere and met up with my friends for a great football party

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I am watching this now and getting angry like it is live...lol. The missed helmet to helmet to Jalen and the missed personal foul that should have brought the fumble return back.

I am just ready for football season.
Amen girl.

Inexcusable...

I still can't believe the way he got up and shook it off.

Told me sooooooooooooooo much about the kid...

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I remember having a peace about this game.

It's ...... I knew we were going to come back and win that game. Sure, it sounds like a lot of talk now after the fact but I remember consciously thinking it during the game. Just given how much time was left in the game, the recent history between the 2 teams and how Jalen was handling himself it just felt like Ole Miss blew their wad a little early.
Turned out to be true.
Funnily enough I had the opposite feeling about the Clemson game once it started. Felt like we peaked way to early in the game. Way to "up" for it. Played lights out early but not consistently later on.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I remember having a peace about this game.

It's ...... I knew we were going to come back and win that game. Sure, it sounds like a lot of talk now after the fact but I remember consciously thinking it during the game. Just given how much time was left in the game, the recent history between the 2 teams and how Jalen was handling himself it just felt like Ole Miss blew their wad a little early.
Turned out to be true.
Funnily enough I had the opposite feeling about the Clemson game once it started. Felt like we peaked way to early in the game. Way to "up" for it. Played lights out early but not consistently later on.
Same here.

Seriously.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.