Atlanta's Rainbow cross walks cost taxpayers $196K

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Fabulous usage of tax dollars.
Spending money like that when there are people in need all over the place just seems silly to me - and I'd feel that way about the city spending money to support any cause. I'm all for equal rights for LGBTQ, but spending this much money on something like this would burn me up if it were my tax dollars.

But it's not my tax dollars, so I don't care. :)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Spending money like that when there are people in need all over the place just seems silly to me - and I'd feel that way about the city spending money to support any cause. I'm all for equal rights for LGBTQ, but spending this much money on something like this would burn me up if it were my tax dollars.

you can look at it as aesthetic enhancement to a revenue producing area then. ;)

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
I'd imagine that amount is barely equal to a roundoff error in Atlanta's budget.

Besides, Ken Ham said we're taking back the rainbow!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I wonder how long before a jaywalker gets run over while deliberately avoiding these crosswalks on principle?
and I will add to my never response as the last time I crossed that intersection on foot I crossed with this guy, known locally as Baton Bob

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Agreed. I guess it now includes having a cross walk built in your honor with taxpayers' money. They wanted government to stay out of their bedrooms yet have no problem using government money to build a crosswalk in their honor. You just wait til the Baptists hear about this.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If I'm in Atlanta, I will take my chances.
go south on i-65, then go east on i-20. take i-75/85 north to the 10th st exit. take a right on 10th street and go 5 blocks and you will see the crosswalks. parking might be a bit tough, but you could park nearby and walk.

be sure to grab a bite at flying biscuit before, their biscuits are the bomb.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
go south on i-65, then go east on i-20. take i-75/85 north to the 10th st exit. take a right on 10th street and go 5 blocks and you will see the crosswalks. parking might be a bit tough, but you could park nearby and walk.

be sure to grab a bite at flying biscuit before, their biscuits are the bomb.
they were so much better when April Moon was still running the place. She sold out and moved to Asheville years ago, I still have and use the original Flying Biscuit cookbook. The chain owners have run the place into the ground in my opinion. Sad, used to be my favorite breakfast spot in the city. Now it's Buttermilk Kitchen in Buckhead (let me know if you want the biscuit recipe I'll take a pic and post it)

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
they were so much better when April Moon was still running the place. She sold out and moved to Asheville years ago, I still have and use the original Flying Biscuit cookbook. The chain owners have run the place into the ground in my opinion. Sad, used to be my favorite breakfast spot in the city. Now it's Buttermilk Kitchen in Buckhead (let me know if you want the biscuit recipe I'll take a pic and post it)
please do. i haven't eaten there in forever. it used to be the go to place for our early morning meeting grub when i worked up that way. that always seems to happen to restaurants when they go chain (thinking dreamland and guthries)

we have a couple of good breakfast places down our way, thumb-up diner in east point and a little greek cafe in college park.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
OMG I'm hungry now. We went there all the time before people found it. Now the wait is too much. Have you been to a fried chicken dinner?
I have not made it for the fried chicken dinner but have always wanted to. Have fantastic fried chicken out here at Table & Main in Roswell and Miltons in Milton so no real need but I do love that place

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.