Bo Scarborough's Pro Protential

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I was listening to Rush the other day and he said something that I have intimated to my son time and again in various ways. "Determination is 80% of achievement." Injuries can be overcome with determination but it is within that 20% - luck, outside factors, DNA - that will determine his fate. I like his chances but we will see.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think he can easily be top 25 picks.. depending on what he does. Realistically he'll be a 2nd-3rd round pick. If there's an opportunity to improve his stock this season, He'll take advantage of that.
I agree that Bo has 1st round talent and if he has a great year and stays healthy he will be a 1st round pick. I also agree there is no way he is a FA. With health questions he probably will slide but Bo is a freak, as big a freak as Fournette and we saw where he went in the draft.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I agree that Bo has 1st round talent and if he has a great year and stays healthy he will be a 1st round pick. I also agree there is no way he is a FA. With health questions he probably will slide but Bo is a freak, as big a freak as Fournette and we saw where he went in the draft.
agreed 100%. I think is hilarious that the biggest detractors regarding Bo's NFL future are Alabama fans.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have yet to see enough of Bo over a long enough period of time to have a clue. His "beast mode" has paled in comparison to someone like Henry, who set records in HS and college and won the Heisman. Henry went 45th in the draft.

Right now, assuming no more injuries and a national championship on his resume as a starter, and he is probably a mid-round draft pick at best, mostly because he is going to share carries with a couple of very, very good RBs. He blew any chance of going in the first round against Clemson. Not his fault, but he got hurt in the biggest game of the year and it could be argued that his injury cost Alabama that game. The NFL is a business. They already see Bo as injury prone. Staying injury free for 2 seasons might help that - maybe.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Damien Harris may actually emerge as a better "pro style" running back. Great vision, versatility and ability to evade tacklers seem to pay dividends at the next level more so than the upright power style of Henry(TBD) or Bo. He is also a vastly underrated athlete; during Alabama's spring testing this year, Harris ran the 40 in 4.51 seconds while also bench-pressing 405 pounds, squatting 515 pounds and posting one of the top vertical jumps on the team. And, he is up to 221lbs. One draft pundit picks him as a real sleeper.
He is also very bright and well spoken in interviews

Last edited:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I think if Bo can take on the Earl Campbell persona of "Imma gonna run you over" then outrun you in the open field, instead of trying to be a back that jukes and cuts, he may survive as an early down back in the NFL for a few years. Would need to limit his carries for him to be successful long term doing that. His success would also be decided by the team he ends up on.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think he'd need 2000 yards to be a top 20 pick and stay healthy the whole year.
I think he needs to simply needs to have good numbers, stay healthy, remain the same height and weight, and keep the same speed lol...
His nickname of BO isn't without reason. He's not the original but he's really quite the physical specimen.

It's unlikely that any running back will go top 20 or even first round but Bo at least has a chance if anybody does.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have yet to see enough of Bo over a long enough period of time to have a clue. His "beast mode" has paled in comparison to someone like Henry, who set records in HS and college and won the Heisman. Henry went 45th in the draft.

Right now, assuming no more injuries and a national championship on his resume as a starter, and he is probably a mid-round draft pick at best, mostly because he is going to share carries with a couple of very, very good RBs. He blew any chance of going in the first round against Clemson. Not his fault, but he got hurt in the biggest game of the year and it could be argued that his injury cost Alabama that game. The NFL is a business. They already see Bo as injury prone. Staying injury free for 2 seasons might help that - maybe.
2 seasons? He's gone after this year, unless something really crazy happens.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I still see Bo as being raw as RB. There are parts of his game that I think are better than Henry's to date. I think Bo has a quicker first step and reaches full speed faster than Henry. That in of itself will be a benefit in the NFL to hit holes quicker. I also think he runs better behind his pads than Henry with more power but I am not sure he is experienced enough yet to anticipate his creases through the line as well as Henry. No question Henry is more durable. But if Bo gets on a durable streak I think he has a higher ceiling at his size than Henry.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
2 seasons? He's gone after this year, unless something really crazy happens.
If that happens, his best case is mid-round draft pick, IMO. He isn't going to get Henry stats with the other RBs on your team, and one season without an injury will not erase the "injury prone" concerns. Why would he leave when his best case is to be picked in the 3rd or 4th rounds of the draft?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
If that happens, his best case is mid-round draft pick, IMO. He isn't going to get Henry stats with the other RBs on your team, and one season without an injury will not erase the "injury prone" concerns. Why would he leave when his best case is to be picked in the 3rd or 4th rounds of the draft?
I'm not saying it's the right decision but it happens all the time. I don't care what anyone says, Humphrey needed one more year. There was talk that Bo seriously considered leaving after last season.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I still see Bo as being raw as RB. There are parts of his game that I think are better than Henry's to date. I think Bo has a quicker first step and reaches full speed faster than Henry. That in of itself will be a benefit in the NFL to hit holes quicker. I also think he runs better behind his pads than Henry with more power but I am not sure he is experienced enough yet to anticipate his creases through the line as well as Henry. No question Henry is more durable. But if Bo gets on a durable streak I think he has a higher ceiling at his size than Henry.
This almost exactly reflects my assessment of Bo at this point. Look, there were times last season where he just flat out could not be stopped and just dominated in stretches. In the NC game, NOBODY on Clemson's defense wanted any part of the guy and if he doesn't get hurt in that game we probably win by 10 or more. If he can stay healthy, look out.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Unless he gets injured this year, Bo is gone. He contemplated leaving this year until the injury against Clemson. With his injury history and the shelf-life of a NFL RB, I don't blame him.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Unless he gets injured this year, Bo is gone. He contemplated leaving this year until the injury against Clemson. With his injury history and the shelf-life of a NFL RB, I don't blame him.
He was a true frosh in 2015, so he couldn't have been drafted after Clemson game.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He was a true frosh in 2015, so he couldn't have been drafted after Clemson game.
He was a true freshman that was two years removed from his high school graduation. He was in the class of 2014 but had to greyshirt in order to finish up some classwork from his transfer from Tuscaloosa to IMG back to Tuscaloosa.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Because every RB under Saban has left after his junior year. RB's have a limited amount of carries/hits they can take and the shelf life of a NFL RB is the lowest of any position. I think he will turn pro and I think he will have a good year and be drafted higher than the 3rd or 4th round. His last 5 games of last year were really amazing and will give him confidence coming into this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Because every RB under Saban has left after his junior year. RB's have a limited amount of carries/hits they can take and the shelf life of a NFL RB is the lowest of any position. I think he will turn pro and I think he will have a good year and be drafted higher than the 3rd or 4th round. His last 5 games of last year were really amazing and will give him confidence coming into this year.
Well, I am pulling for him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I just hope he stays healthy, has a great year, and is drafted high...but probably not in the 1st round. Too many past injuries that the pros will focus upon. If they can downgrade J. Allen, then they will sure downgrade him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'm not saying it's the right decision but it happens all the time. I don't care what anyone says, Humphrey needed one more year. There was talk that Bo seriously considered leaving after last season.
Yes, he would have, but for the injury. I think it may have done him a backhanded favor. He has a year to prove his durability...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.