Alabama Takeover of SEC Network is Friday, July 28

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
1989 Hoops, the good ole days !
I was at that Bama/UNC game, too bad it was replayed during work hours. I need to see if it is on YouTube as I'd like to watch it again. Dean Smith was in the habit of scheduling a game in, or at least near, the hometown of the senior players. Pete Chilcutt played at Tuscaloosa Academy, so Bama got to host the Heels. It was on the Thursday night before the first Alabama/Auburn game played at Jerkin Hair. A favorite basketball memory.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Chilcutt dunked on me at the Rec Center during my undergrad days. He remains as the only holder of an NBA championship ring to dunk on me. He used to stand between the courts at the Rec and drain shot after shot.
I was at that Bama/UNC game, too bad it was replayed during work hours. I need to see if it is on YouTube as I'd like to watch it again. Dean Smith was in the habit of scheduling a game in, or at least near, the hometown of the senior players. Pete Chilcutt played at Tuscaloosa Academy, so Bama got to host the Heels. It was on the Thursday night before the first Alabama/Auburn game played at Jerkin Hair. A favorite basketball memory.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.