Julio loses $100k ear-ring

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
PA-PA-PA-PATHETIC is this comment. Homeless, poverty level, blue collar, white collar...millionaire, billionaire or elected official...that's on the individual. God graced him with talents and he's utilized them to his fullest. He owes NOTHING to anyone. As has been said, he does give...he doesn't have to...but he does. If he wants to drop a million on jewelry...it's his money. Who are you to say he's pathetic because there are homeless and hungry in this world?
The whole point of a message board is for someone to give their opinion and I gave mine, doesn't mean your have to agree with it.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would donate $100K to a charity or homeless shelter before i'd spend that on something as ridiculous as an earring.
But suppose you are worth tens of millions of dollars and already give millions to charity? Shouldn't you be allowed a few frivolous purchases? Maybe you wouldn't spend the $100k on this, but I bet that everyone here would spend at least $100k on something totally frivolous if they had Julio's $$$.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Julio's money and he earned it legally. He has a materialist outlook or he never would have sacrificed to be in the financial place that he is in. It is HIS money after all. I'll spend mine the way I want to and he can to. (
I just wish I could spend it like him ! :)

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
But suppose you are worth tens of millions of dollars and already give millions to charity? Shouldn't you be allowed a few frivolous purchases? Maybe you wouldn't spend the $100k on this, but I bet that everyone here would spend at least $100k on something totally frivolous if they had Julio's $$$.
Not everyone here. Does he give millions to charity? Again, it's his money and even if he doesn't give a penny to charity, he can spend his money as he wishes. Unfortunately, there are kids at the cancer hospital in Memphis that might have a life saving treatment with that 100k. I hope he gives a lot to charity because after all, it is more important to help others than have an earring.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I would donate $100K to a charity or homeless shelter before i'd spend that on something as ridiculous as an earring.
Yah, you're a saint.

The real issue here is simply values. It bothers people that Julio values an earring to the tune of $100k. Yah, I think earrings for men are dumb, and if I had the money, I'd spend it elsewhere.
But to imply that Julio is neglecting to fulfill some imaginary moral imperative he has because of his money is pretty low. Other than this earring, you have no clue how he spends his time and money.

But to give you a stool to dismount from that high-horse you're riding, here's just a few of the ways Julio has given back and the organizations he's donated time and money to:

"Wounded Warriors"
"United Healthcare of Georgia"
"Scottish Rite Children's Hospital"
"Joseph W. Humphries Elementary"
"South Forsyth High School"
"Feed the Children"
"Crossroads Community Ministries"
"Shepherd Spinal Center"
"Atlanta Boys & Girls Club"
"4th Annual Huddle Up for Miracles" which raised $250k for the Children's Miracle Network and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
"Locks for Love"
"Southwest Ecumenical Emergency Center"
And finally, "Under Armour" sports gear for the youth sports teams of Foley and Elberta to the tune of $100,000.

And this doesn't include the full list of private monetary donations, just the public ones.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Not doubting, LOVE Julio...I was on the fence in the EZ when he scored the game winner against LSWho a few years back. One of my all-time favorite "live" Bama FB moments. Anyway...I live about a mile from S Forsyth HS in Cumming, Ga. (mentioned above.) and my kids will go there in the next few years. Point is, I have never heard of him doing anything for the school (nickname War Eagles...yuck!) Can you PM me where you found that info. so I can look it up? I'd love to be able to share that with my booger eating buddies!!! RTR!!!
Yah, you're a saint.

The real issue here is simply values. It bothers people that Julio values an earring to the tune of $100k. Yah, I think earrings for men are dumb, and if I had the money, I'd spend it elsewhere.
But to imply that Julio is neglecting to fulfill some imaginary moral imperative he has because of his money is pretty low. Other than this earring, you have no clue how he spends his time and money.

But to give you a stool to dismount from that high-horse you're riding, here's just a few of the ways Julio has given back and the organizations he's donated time and money to:

"Wounded Warriors"
"United Healthcare of Georgia"
"Scottish Rite Children's Hospital"
"Joseph W. Humphries Elementary"
"South Forsyth High School"
"Feed the Children"
"Crossroads Community Ministries"
"Shepherd Spinal Center"
"Atlanta Boys & Girls Club"
"4th Annual Huddle Up for Miracles" which raised $250k for the Children's Miracle Network and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
"Locks for Love"
"Southwest Ecumenical Emergency Center"
And finally, "Under Armour" sports gear for the youth sports teams of Foley and Elberta to the tune of $100,000.

And this doesn't include the full list of private monetary donations, just the public ones.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Exactly! He worked extremely hard to get to where he is and should spend the money however he wants. I have no idea what his contributions to charities are but even then I don't really care. His life.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Not doubting, LOVE Julio...I was on the fence in the EZ when he scored the game winner against LSWho a few years back. One of my all-time favorite "live" Bama FB moments. Anyway...I live about a mile from S Forsyth HS in Cumming, Ga. (mentioned above.) and my kids will go there in the next few years. Point is, I have never heard of him doing anything for the school (nickname War Eagles...yuck!) Can you PM me where you found that info. so I can look it up? I'd love to be able to share that with my booger eating buddies!!! RTR!!!
Sending you a PM.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If you have never spent a penny on something others might consider frivolous, you are free to bash Jones for his expensive earring.

Otherwise, stop wasting money on stupid stuff and give the money to charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.