Julio loses $100k ear-ring

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
No matter how much money you make, to pay 100k for an ear ring is one word.....stupid.
Dude, if that's how he wants to spend it that his business. That's not stupid.

The purchase wasn't stupid but taking it out to jet ski on a lake probably was.
In the next 3 years or so when you add in endorsement deals and appearance fees against his NFL contract his career earnings will top or very nearly top $100 million. That ring was 0.01% of those earnings. While $100k is still a lot of money, no matter how rich you are, it wasn't stupid for Julio to buy it.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

In the next 3 years or so when you add in endorsement deals and appearance fees against his NFL contract his career earnings will top or very nearly top $100 million. That ring was 0.01% of those earnings. While $100k is still a lot of money, no matter how rich you are, it wasn't stupid for Julio to buy it.
Dude, it is his money and I don't care how he spends it. 100k for an ear ring is STUPID.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
It's his money, and he has plenty, plenty of it. He should spend it on what he likes. I think it's all relative.

Nobody, here, I would imagine, makes anywhere near what Julio makes, so it can be hard to comprehend why he would plop down so much for an earring. So, of course, you can't get past, "It's stupid!"

Now, if someone here dropped $100k on an earring, I think "stupid" would probably be in order.

Last edited:

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
It's his money, and he has plenty, plenty of it. He should spend it on what he likes. I think it's all relative.

Nobody, here, I would imagine, makes anywhere near what Julio makes, so it can be hard to comprehend why he would plop down so much for an earring. So, of course, you can't get past, "It's stupid!"

Now, if someone here dropped $100k on an earring, I think "stupid" would probably be in order.
Per a report from Sports Illustrated in 2009, approximately 78% of NFL players are bankrupt within two years after the end of their career. Bad business deals, bad investments, and spending habits can cause that. With that high percentage, it is hard for me to "get past" my opinion. Again, it's his money to spend as he likes and I hope he will be part of the 22% who are successful with their earnings (and earrings).

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.

What is stupid about it is that he told the media he lost a earring. Let alone he spent 100K for it. You best kept your ASSUMPTIONS to yourself on how much money people on this board have. You know what happens when you make assumptions.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
What is stupid about it is that he told the media he lost a earring. Let alone he spent 100K for it. You best kept your ASSUMPTIONS to yourself on how much money people on this board have. You know what happens when you make assumptions.
Hahaha. Ok, right. Maybe I should put up an anonymous poll so all the folks spending their time on this site that are pulling in, let's say, $10+ million a year can safely put the lie to my ASSUMPTIONS. You can be the first to so signify.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Per a report from Sports Illustrated in 2009, approximately 78% of NFL players are bankrupt within two years after the end of their career. Bad business deals, bad investments, and spending habits can cause that. With that high percentage, it is hard for me to "get past" my opinion. Again, it's his money to spend as he likes and I hope he will be part of the 22% who are successful with their earnings (and earrings).
Yep, you see lots of those stories with bad endings. Like you, I hope Julio is successful, too.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
There's people in this world homeless and hungry and he's sporting a one-hundred thousand dollar diamond. PA-PA-PA-PATHETIC!

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

It's actually 0.001%. That's like me spending $40 on something, which I do quite often. So, not a big deal to him at all.

EDIT: Wait, that's not right because you said career earnings. If my IT career has been the last 10 years then 0.001 percent would be closer to $420. That would be a decent size purchase for us. If I ever buy my wife a pair of $420 earrings then she better not wear them at the lake!

Last edited:

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
There's people in this world homeless and hungry and he's sporting a one-hundred thousand dollar diamond. PA-PA-PA-PATHETIC!
PA-PA-PA-PATHETIC is this comment. Homeless, poverty level, blue collar, white collar...millionaire, billionaire or elected official...that's on the individual. God graced him with talents and he's utilized them to his fullest. He owes NOTHING to anyone. As has been said, he does give...he doesn't have to...but he does. If he wants to drop a million on jewelry...it's his money. Who are you to say he's pathetic because there are homeless and hungry in this world?

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I totally agree. Julio, don't trust any human being with your $$$$$$$$$. Especially a member of the opposite sex who likes to SHOP 'til they DROP or any one telling you that you've just got to invest in swamp land in Louisiana, or anyone else telling you that they will make you even richer. I hope he took courses at the U of A that help him to deal with $$$$$$$$$$ more effectively.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I am not a fan of statistics but that is really sad. "Easy come easy go" sums this up pretty well. It has not come easy for me and I am tighter that two coats of paint.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I just find this story funny. Its his life and his money. I hope he is settled financially but frankly that is up to him either way and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I also don't think he has any duty to spend all his money on anyone else. His money his responsibility and right to manage it the way he chooses for the most part.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.