Link: Jim Harbaugh's Antics Could Wear Thin at Michigan If Team Keeps Coming Up Short

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
It took Ohio State 12 years to fire John Cooper.
Yeah but the 90's were a whole different time period compared to now. I'm not saying he should be fired but losing to OSU 3,4 or 5 times in a row is going to make many UM fans feel empty and certainly going to kill any hopes of a playoff run.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yeah but the 90's were a whole different time period compared to now. I'm not saying he should be fired but losing to OSU 3,4 or 5 times in a row is going to make many UM fans feel empty and certainly going to kill any hopes of a playoff run.
Plus I remember Cooper not being a jerk, so you are probably right. Maybe 5 or 6 years. If he goes 11-1 but makes the playoff, it could buy him some time.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Plus I remember Cooper not being a jerk, so you are probably right. Maybe 5 or 6 years. If he goes 11-1 but makes the playoff, it could buy him some time.
Also they play OSU at the end of the regular season. Not a lot of time to rebound and hope for a handful of teams to lose. A Big 10 title sure maybe but perhaps not a playoff spot.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Harbawl has done what Rich Rod and Brady Hoke could not do. However, I still can't stand him. What I think is funny it he runs his mouth all the time and comes up with PR stunts ...... and all Urban does is whup him. Hahaha.

Kinda like Kiffen in his year at Tennessee. All Saban did was whup him.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Harbawl has done what Rich Rod and Brady Hoke could not do. However, I still can't stand him. What I think is funny it he runs his mouth all the time and comes up with PR stunts ...... and all Urban does is whup him. Hahaha.

Kinda like Kiffen in his year at Tennessee. All Saban did was whup him.
If by "whup him" you mean block not one but two field goals to preserve a narrow win in a game where both teams could barely get out of the low double digits, then okay.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
it should be an interesting year for CJH ... OSU is going to be better than they were last year and PSU should still field a solid team as well. The plus for him/UM is that MSU is on the decline unfortunately, so that should bode well for him at least two more seasons without smoke starting to build up. Showing UMs potential will keep him a job in that league but if he has at least two more losses to OSU, the natives will get restless.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.