Mo Brooks to Abandon Senate Race if Sessions is Reinstated

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Brooks has also recently released a new campaign ad using audio of the shooting at the congressional softball practice. I wish I could say I was surprised.
He has been called out for that ad, as well as taking (I believe) an Infantry badge from a Vietnam Vet and then putting it on and wearing it at a meet and greet of Senate candidates. Granted it was a fake Infantry badge, and he was okay to accept it, but unless you were in the Infantry and earned that badge, you never pin it on.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Luther Strange running a lot of ads says Mo Brooks doesn't really support Trump. Like that is a bad thing.:) Have yet to hear a positive ad from Luther. I hope Sessions refuses to resign. Make Trump fire him.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I respect Sessions as a person. I disagree with him on MANY things, but respect him. In a small crowd, he isn't especially personable, but he is very intelligent and "seems" principled. Can't say that about any of these three.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
That is the first I've ever heard this
You may look at it from a particular ideological lens but I have heard many people describe AG Sessions as a good and descent man who is highly intelligent, thoughtful, and principled. Granted, they may have their own ideological lens in forming that opinion but the man has shown nor done anything to be labeled as stupid, repugnant, or a horrible person. You may disagree with his policies or ideology but that would just be disagreements.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
You may look at it from a particular ideological lens but I have heard many people describe AG Sessions as a good and descent man who is highly intelligent, thoughtful, and principled. Granted, they may have their own ideological lens in forming that opinion but the man has shown nor done anything to be labeled as stupid, repugnant, or a horrible person. You may disagree with his policies or ideology but that would just be disagreements.
sorry, but anyone who wants to re-ignite the massively failed drug war, call anyone who smoked pot ever to be bad people and wants to lock people up for mandatory minimums for minor offenses in order fill private prisons to benefit his campaign contributors, among many other things, loses all claim to being a "good and decent" man.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My BIL does qualify as "highly intelligent." When he was director at Kennedy Space Flight Center, he sat across from Sessions at a dinner in Mobile, right after Sessions was elected. His comment to me was "Ya'll got a problem." (He considered himself a Floridian at the time.) He went on to say that Sessions was not capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation about anything at all. I'd say that, if Sessions is highly intelligent, it's a well-kept state secret...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My BIL does qualify as "highly intelligent." When he was director at Kennedy Space Flight Center, he sat across from Sessions at a dinner in Mobile, right after Sessions was elected. His comment to me was "Ya'll got a problem." (He considered himself a Floridian at the time.) He went on to say that Sessions was not capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation about anything at all. I'd say that, if Sessions is highly intelligent, it's a well-kept state secret...
a guy i worked with had been an aide to one of the folks on the hill and said it was widely thought that at the time, sessions was the stupidest [elected] person there.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was thinking of supporting Brooks in the primary as an alternative to Strange and Moore. But this thing about him using the shooting makes me reconsider. Saying he helped out is one thing, but including the gunfire in an ad is disgusting.

I am now leaning towards Strange (anything to keep Moore out), but am strongly considering voting for the Democrat in the general election. I definitely will if Roy Moore is the nominee.

On a side note, what is the general feeling in DC about Richard Shelby?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I'm thinking about moving back and running.

If you're for gay rights, I'm you're guy.

If you're a fundie Christian that wants to ban homosexual as a "protected" class and get the trannies into their proper bathrooms - Yours truly

If you want to legalize drugs, yep, me.

If you want to spend more money on the drug war, you guessed it...

If you want an expansive, military interventionist policy - look no further.

If you want a smaller, let's mind our own business military - ;).

If you want a smaller government & repeal Obamacare and eliminate other unconstitutional branches of govt. - Hey bud, (pointing finger at me)

If you want to raise taxes on everyone, and become a banana republic & Karl Marx' wet dream - Oh yeah, I can swing that too.

Stop illegal immigrants/bring 'em in - I'm flexible.

Send jobs overseas to China/keep them here or bring them back - Me.

You see, I'm the stereotypical politician. It doesn't matter if there is a D or R after my name. I'm owned, but not by you. You want to drag me and my wife through the mud for a few extra-curricular activities with a mesicun, midget tranny, go right ahead. The videography was phenomenal. (I'm still trying to figure out how it leaked out...) You see, as far as I'm concerned, You're dumb and I'm smarter than you. I know what's best, especially when my overseas bank accounts are filling up to the brim with all that special interest money. Debt, it's just a shell game. It doesn't matter as long as I'm getting mine. But remember, I'm here to represent you and I want DC to be transparent...except when the lobbyists are dining me, taking me to orgies, flying me around the world, visiting my good buddies Jeff Epstein & Bill Clinton in the Caribbean. It's all good. Oh yeah, God save the Queen!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.