Brands that have disappeared - But you wish they hadn't

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
All is great until your hard drive crashes......I've lost a ton of tunes over the past ten years from that happening....
I've had it happen as well. Speaking of I'm overdue for putting my tunes on the external hard drive backup.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

The Taco Bell Enchirito....the only thing my Dad would eat there
They still have a "Mexican pizza" on the menu, but it's not the Pizzazz Pizza which I would call an extinct brand too.

And regarding another extinct fast food brand, I used to love the McDLT.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Other than the streaming part we were still with you until the last few months. We've decided to move more digital on everything just to have less stuff in our house. We are still keeping a lot of our books but we're going to focus more on reading one and then donating/selling it.
When we moved most recently, we donated every physical book in our house to the North Shelby Library. It felt good to reduce the clutter, but I do regret letting go of my SciFi collection which included books dating back to the 1940's. I had quite a Heinlein collection. Oh well.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
used to LOVE little debbie Chocolate Twins.. I called and asked what happened to them years ago as they were being faded out. They suggested i try their "banana twins".. No thx. Another product that appears to be fading are Sunbeam Dinner Rolls. It's like looking for gold. Cant even find them at the Flowers Bakery.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
The Taco Bell Enchirito....the only thing my Dad would eat there
You can still get an Enchirito. Even though it's not on the menu, they will still make it. It comes out looking a little different from the one pictured, and with no olives, but it's really good.

As for my entry, here's another one for the Doritos column:

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I know there are a few stores still around (not in my area), but I miss Blockbuster. We loved to go every week and walk the outer perimeter of the store. It was fun to see what new movies came out and to get that last copy of a new release.
And checking the return box to see if that movie that you just have to watch tonight has been returned but not put back on the shelf yet. :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You can still get an Enchirito. Even though it's not on the menu, they will still make it. It comes out looking a little different from the one pictured, and with no olives, but it's really good.

As for my entry, here's another one for the Doritos column:

Except that it used to be a corn tortilla. Now they only use flour torts.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
My wife's family got me hooked on these with olives & cheese (one cheese cube, olive, & slice of sausage together on a toothpick) about the same time we stopped seeing them in stores around here:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

KFC Spicy Big Crunch with the zinger sauce. Right out of high school my friends & I were there every other day getting them.

I had forgotten what it was called & just remembered Zinger from the sauce so I got all excited when they were advertising the Zinger sandwich was back a few months ago. I was super bummed to find out it was just a stupid regular spicy chicken sandwich with no sauce.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.