Brands that have disappeared - But you wish they hadn't

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I am digging the nostalgia threads.....here is one my wife and I talk about a lot.....

Brands that have gone away...but we miss.

My fave candy bar as a kid

Not the chewy kind -- the original big sweet tarts....

Prontos Chips -- I remember these as a kid -- can't find a picture -- the best I could find. They were like Sun Chips, but better.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Used to get these everyday at the YMCA as a kid. Thankfully TGI Friday's brand of potato chips are very similar and cover that urge from time to time.

I had also forgotten about these until I started searching, another childhood favorite:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I didn't realize this until recently, the the A&P grocery store chain went out of business in 2015.

My mother loved shopping there when I was young. I hadn't been inside one since I was about five, but I always thought a place called the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company just had a certain charm to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I know there are a few stores still around (not in my area), but I miss Blockbuster. We loved to go every week and walk the outer perimeter of the store. It was fun to see what new movies came out and to get that last copy of a new release.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.