Brands that have disappeared - But you wish they hadn't

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am one of the few people on this planet that still buys hardcover books. Everyone seems to only buy books on CDs and on Kindles.

I also still buy CDs for music.

I still get the discs for Netflix and no streaming at all.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This thread led me to discover that my favorite erstwhile extinct brand has been revived!

I loved Reed's mints. Kind of like Lifesavers, but slightly bigger, with more intense flavor, and a depression in the middle, but no hole. Shaped a lot like a red blood cell.

I loved those things. Cinnamon, Butterscotch, various types of mint. They got hard to find, then impossible. A few years ago, I went on a mission, scrubbing the net. But all I could find was "out of stock" disclaimers and some mentions of discontinuation.

Went on a Google search today to copy and paste a picture. Lo and behold, they're back! I'll order some for the holidays.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I am one of the few people on this planet that still buys hardcover books. Everyone seems to only buy books on CDs and on Kindles.

I still buy the occasional hardcopy book--sometimes I just get the urge to browse through a bookstore.

Still tend to buy CDs, even if they are immediately loaded into itunes.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

I used to chew this stuff. The orange was better.
^^this

Someone posted O'Boises. Loved those too. Also I used to take Pizzaria chips in my lunch. Man you guys got me Jonesin' for a bunch of snack foods from my childhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Other than the streaming part we were still with you until the last few months. We've decided to move more digital on everything just to have less stuff in our house. We are still keeping a lot of our books but we're going to focus more on reading one and then donating/selling it.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Other than the streaming part we were still with you until the last few months. We've decided to move more digital on everything just to have less stuff in our house. We are still keeping a lot of our books but we're going to focus more on reading one and then donating/selling it.
All is great until your hard drive crashes......I've lost a ton of tunes over the past ten years from that happening....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.