Link: Nick Saban Envisions Changing Regular-Season Schedule, College Football Playoff

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The pro model was designed for 32 some odd teams. Yet many want to take that same model and apply it to at least double that many teams. There are too many teams in college football to apply that model and people don't want to make a cutoff of which teams should be eligible and which teams should not. We have the mentality of "everyone should have a chance". Which is nuts and problematic. I'm tired of this discussion coming up every time somebody doesn't get their way. There will never be a perfect system, there will be years in which someone legitimately gets screwed. That's life. Happens to the average person everyday in some form or fashion. But we've got to stop this madness of wanting to constantly change and tweek the system every time a perceived imperfection rears its head. Okay, time for another glass of bourbon. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The pro model was designed for 32 some odd teams. Yet many want to take that same model and apply it to at least double that many teams. There are too many teams in college football to apply that model and people don't want to make a cutoff of which teams should be eligible and which teams should not. We have the mentality of "everyone should have a chance". Which is nuts and problematic. I'm tired of this discussion coming up every time somebody doesn't get their way. There will never be a perfect system, there will be years in which someone legitimately gets screwed. That's life. Happens to the average person everyday in some form or fashion. But we've got to stop this madness of wanting to constantly change and tweek the system every time a perceived imperfection rears its head. Okay, time for another glass of bourbon. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
A-MEN.....unbelievable! I'm just ready for the season to start!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.