Ryan Mallet (former Arkie QB) has bad day with Ravens

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
With Flacco out hurt, the Ravens are casting a wide net for QBs, in case Flacco is out foe a while.
Mallet (whom I genuinely respected when he was at Arkansas), is trying out.
At a scrimmage, he threw five picks, and was nearly picked off two more times.
Linebacker Terrell Suggs yelled to offensive coordinator, Marty Mornhinweg, “Hey Marty, tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys [the offense].”

Kids can be so cruel, grown men even more so.

I'm guessing Mallet's stay in Maryland may be brief.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Didn't think he was all that good to be quite honest. Arky had us dead to rights in 2010 but he just flat out imploded in the second half. And we're not talking about a rough start on the road after halftime that gets the crowd hyped and the players nervous...they were the home team!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Not a very good argument.
the negative reaction to that possibility [of Kaepernick coming to Baltimore to play QB] — particularly on social media — illustrates just how clueless some fans are when it comes to keeping everything in its proper perspective.
Because Ray Lewis (literally) got away with murder and Pacman Jones is still playing in Cincinnati, no one has a right to object to Kaepernick's misplaced outrage.
This is an example of what I am talking about when I say Americans have a very limited ability to exercise judgment: "This one is worthy and that one is not." Frequently, we just avoid the difficult task of exercising judgment and say, "Everyone is worthy."
Nobody, I think, disagrees with his right to protest by kneeling during the national anthem. His choice has consequences, however. He does not have a right to play in the NFL, in any case.

The author's name just about says it all.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Didn't think he was all that good to be quite honest. Arky had us dead to rights in 2010 but he just flat out imploded in the second half. And we're not talking about a rough start on the road after halftime that gets the crowd hyped and the players nervous...they were the home team!
Nick Gentry put a good hit in Mallet and he crumbled up afterwards. Mallet tends to fold after he gets hit a few times.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Nick Gentry put a good hit in Mallet and he crumbled up afterwards. Mallet tends to fold after he gets hit a few times.
If you establish that fact (crumbles after taking a hit), guess what NFL DCs will do with that knowledge?
I liked Mallet when he was at Arkansas. He has good size and a pretty good arm. I thought he would benefit from being the understudy to Brady.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
When he played and was sleeping while with the Texans, I was thinking the same thing.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I've always viewed him as a 10 million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain...nothing he has done has convinced me otherwise.

Tries to roll up into an upright stance after being sacked by Javier Arenas, forcing Terrence Cody to hurdle him.
Could have ended badly for him.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Not a very good argument.

Because Ray Lewis (literally) got away with murder and Pacman Jones is still playing in Cincinnati, no one has a right to object to Kaepernick's misplaced outrage.
This is an example of what I am talking about when I say Americans have a very limited ability to exercise judgment: "This one is worthy and that one is not." Frequently, we just avoid the difficult task of exercising judgment and say, "Everyone is worthy."
Nobody, I think, disagrees with his right to protest by kneeling during the national anthem. His choice has consequences, however. He does not have a right to play in the NFL, in any case.

The author's name just about says it all.
LOL! I wondered if I was the only one who noticed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.