News Article: Muslim family claims bacon added to sandwiches at Decatur McDonald's

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
If they had just stayed on 6th avenue another 1/2 of a mile they could have really enjoyed an excellent taste of pork. Big Bob Gibsons is just down the road and even though the MCRib sandwich is pretty good you cant beat a bbq sammy from Big Bobs. I doubt they have ever eaten pulled pork like the shoulder Big Bob serves every day.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/lo...cle_7d445072-7ec7-5534-a03b-afa173885cb7.html

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Is anything at McDonalds really what they say it is? It could have been bacon or it might just look like bacon! If there's a type of food you can't eat, you might not want to go to McDonalds.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Is anything at McDonalds really what they say it is? It could have been bacon or it might just look like bacon! If there's a type of food you can't eat, you might not want to go to McDonalds.
This is a good point. I doubt many fast food places would guarantee that cooking oil wouldn't be used for just more than bacon or that there couldn't be cross-contamination in the kitchen. Eat in a place like that, and you takes you chances. Anyway, there's no everlasting damnation. You just ask for forgiveness...

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
A couple of years ago, I got on a sausage egg mcmuffin kick. I tried making them at home, but the sausage I used made my homemade ones taste totally different. I started researching what kind of sausage McDonald's used to make them with.

According to the McDonald's website back then (2 years ago),they used sausage seasoned beef patties. I just looked it up again, and NOW the McDonald's website states their sausage is made from pork. So who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
This is a good point. I doubt many fast food places would guarantee that cooking oil wouldn't be used for just more than bacon or that there couldn't be cross-contamination in the kitchen. Eat in a place like that, and you takes you chances. Anyway, there's no everlasting damnation. You just ask for forgiveness...
Also, they don't consider it a sin if they consume it unintentionally. So while it was a jerk move to put bacon in their sandwiches, it's not going to wreck their spiritual lives.
I have known a couple of Indian guys who mentioned that pork actually upsets their stomachs, and neither were Muslim. Of course, the girls may have hurled just because they were disgusted by it.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Besides, we all know that bacon makes everything else taste better. ;)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I have a feeling if muslims ate real bacon they'd be a happier lot. I mean, my God, if my religion banned one of the tastiest foods on the planet, I'd be p*ssed off as a routine as well.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Also, they don't consider it a sin if they consume it unintentionally. So while it was a jerk move to put bacon in their sandwiches, it's not going to wreck their spiritual lives.
I have known a couple of Indian guys who mentioned that pork actually upsets their stomachs, and neither were Muslim. Of course, the girls may have hurled just because they were disgusted by it.
Actually, it is considered a sin, although minor and absolved by simply asking Allah for pardon...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Back when I had a real job.......(sometime in the 80s)

We had a Hindu dude that worked for us that upset when he found out that he could no longer eat McD's fries.

"They are made with beef tallow. What is beef tallow, and why is it in there?"

"They don't make them with beef tallow: they cook them in beef tallow. (And probably some other fats, as well.) They do it to make it taste good." (Not mention probably really cheap, and long shelf life.)

Guy holds a post-grad degree, and doesn't know....................well, ok, Hindu...........I can see where he might not know what it is.

Anyway, the punchline:

He continued to eat at McD's, but informed me the only thing he could now eat was the ice cream sundae.

Good thing carrageenan is from the vegetable side of things.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.