Link: Tenth Player (Fifth OL) Transfers from LSU This Offseason

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
God, that was a long season.
In a way I'm thankful for that season - until then I was one of those people that lived and died with the Tide. I literally allowed how the team performed (or didn't) affect how I felt / behaved afterwards. I was never violent, but it would ruin my weekend when they lost. The UGA game in particular broke me of that - I recall them beating Bama up and down the field the entire first half and it struck me that I was sitting here watching something that made me miserable while my wife was outside with my chirruns, enjoying the afternoon...

I turned off the TV and went outside and had a blast with my family. And decided then and there that while I will always be passionate about my alma mater, I would not allow it to control my emotions. I actually enjoy football more now.

Tough lesson, though - that season really sucked.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
In a way I'm thankful for that season - until then I was one of those people that lived and died with the Tide. I literally allowed how the team performed (or didn't) affect how I felt / behaved afterwards. I was never violent, but it would ruin my weekend when they lost. The UGA game in particular broke me of that - I recall them beating Bama up and down the field the entire first half and it struck me that I was sitting here watching something that made me miserable while my wife was outside with my chirruns, enjoying the afternoon...

I turned off the TV and went outside and had a blast with my family. And decided then and there that while I will always be passionate about my alma mater, I would not allow it to control my emotions. I actually enjoy football more now.

I also learned that lesson about the same time. Life is definitely better when your mood/attitude isn't affected by how a bunch of guys perform on a field/court. I still love keeping up with my Tide and watching games, but they do not ruin my weekend or week or month any more. Of course, it is easy to say that for the last ten years because we haven't lost very much. :)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I was the same way. I was in architecture school at the time. I wasn’t watching a lot of football those days, but I did occasionally see games (most of the time we lost). I should probably send Mike Shula a fruit basket for making me care less about losing. The loss last year was the first time I had gotten angry over a loss in a while.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I learned this lesson during the South Carolina loss in 2010. I had seen Alabama win the national championship in my home state at the Rose Bowl, where I've seen many USC wins and losses, and so for me, I'd essentially "seen it all". Now, I don't like the losses, but I'm over it within 20-30 minutes - even after Kick 6. Proud to call Alabama my alma mater, and always want them to do well, but it isn't the end of the world.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I learned this lesson during the South Carolina loss in 2010. I had seen Alabama win the national championship in my home state at the Rose Bowl, where I've seen many USC wins and losses, and so for me, I'd essentially "seen it all". Now, I don't like the losses, but I'm over it within 20-30 minutes - even after Kick 6. Proud to call Alabama my alma mater, and always want them to do well, but it isn't the end of the world.
I`m much the same way now. Losses used to bother me a lot more than now. I find that I recover within hours instead of days now. Seems to have come with advancing age and changes in life`s perspectives.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.