Question: Are you worried about the FSU game?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: FSU game!!!

I thought last years opener was the toughest to date....If we won it , well then look out we are going to roll. We did.
I feel the same way this year. If we win this first game against FSU... then we are going to roll.
Maybe not worried...but nervous.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Of course...I'm always nervous. The best thing is that if the bottom falls out we can lose and still win the NC. Don't get me wrong...I don't like losing to anyone -- even my wife in gin rummy. But the world will not end if we do...getting pumped every time I visit this site..

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Nope.

1 - I haven't worried about a game prior to kick off since January 3, 2007. I knew that year was a rebuilding/restructuring campaign.

2 - The 9 seasons since have given me all the confidence needed to NOT Worry.

3 - I'm one of the TideFans who endured the "Tri-Mike" era. THAT was worry.

Roll Tide!

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Nope, not worried. It will be a tough game, but CNS will have Bama ready. RTR!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Every time I try to worry about FSU, I think back to last year and Louisville pulling their starters after scoring 70 or so with 12 minutes to go in the third quarter. They could have scored 100 or more if they had wanted to. If that's the best returning secondary in the country then I'd hate to see the second best.
I'm not being rude but no. I think this will be the most dominant team in Bama history, especially on offense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Every time I try to worry about FSU, I think back to last year and Louisville pulling their starters after scoring 70 or so with 12 minutes to go in the third quarter. They could have scored 100 or more if they had wanted to. If that's the best returning secondary in the country then I'd hate to see the second best.
I'm not being rude but no. I think this will be the most dominant team in Bama history, especially on offense.
I'm not overly worried about the game yet, but they also played Louisville after playing its previous two games in a week. Follow that by playing at Louisville for an 11:00 kickoff. That's how a pretty decent team gets routed like they did last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Toughest opening opponent in the Saban era. However if it were up to me we would open like this every season.

I agree with Vegas and think we will win. Worried? No, but FSU is one of the few teams in the country that can match us at talent pound for pound and could win the game if we do not perform well.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Is there anyone in bama nation worried about your first game of 2017???
I worry about every game we play.
(I also expect us to win every game we play)
Every team that plays Alabama brings their very best. Every team that plays us brings a couple of new wrinkles in their game plan.

Every week somewhere a favorite loses because they took the other team too lightly.
So, yes, I'm worried about our first game.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Yes, I'm worried. However I was worried more before the Clemson game last season. FSU has a very talented team but their QB is not quite as talented as Deshaun Watson was.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I admire the confidence displayed by so many here. And I am in agreement that this team has the talent to beat anyone else in CFB. My worries stem from the unexpected, or unwanted, events that occur in games of this magnitude. All of the bad things that can happen in a close game that can cause a loss. Should Bama play it's game, minimal penalties, no turnovers, no mental mistakes that result in FSU putting points on the board, Bama should win. But, that's why they play the games, prove it on the field.

Roll Tide!

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA

I always get nervous about the next game but that may be more due to anticipation than anything else.
FSU will be all hyped up and bring a lot of emotion (which will wear off quickly when they get punched in the mouth) but emotion will get you only so far. That's what I like about CNS' business like approach.
From what has been reported on another thread if this team is as hungry as has been said then we win this game.
A lot of people may try to hang their hat on "Jimbo worked with CNS so he knows Saban" to which I would counter in a couple of ways: CNS taught Jimbo everything Jimbo knows but not everything CNS knows and CNS has evolved quite a bit sine Jimbo's time with him.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Toughest opening opponent in the Saban era. However if it were up to me we would open like this every season.

I agree with Vegas and think we will win. Worried? No, but FSU is one of the few teams in the country that can match us at talent pound for pound and could win the game if we do not perform well.
This^^^^^

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I also get anxious about most games we play. I think we will beat Florida State, but it will be a close game that will cause anxiety for me. I will be more confident if we enter the game with no injuries, no clutter (suspensions, arrests, etc),. I know BAMA players will not take FSU lightly. It will be great to win this first game of the season to help set the tone for the remainder of the season.
I worry about every game we play.
(I also expect us to win every game we play)
Every team that plays Alabama brings their very best. Every team that plays us brings a couple of new wrinkles in their game plan.

Every week somewhere a favorite loses because they took the other team too lightly.
So, yes, I'm worried about our first game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.