Question: Are you worried about the FSU game?

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: FSU game!!!

I tend to agree with that. We had a common opponent only a week apart. FSU beat Florida by 18 at home and we beat them by 38 in ATL. So we should win by 10-17 points.
There is this^^^

I also hearken back to a few things my mind cannot erase - the sieve of an offensive line, the fact Louisville beat them like fsu was a bad high school team, and the fact ole miss was handling them at half and should have won that game. (Maybe hugh started getting his mind on things outside football after they built the lead...)

PLUS - we owe them and their crappy fans a heaping dose of REAL ALABAMA FOOTBALL!!!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

There is this^^^

I also hearken back to a few things my mind cannot erase - the sieve of an offensive line, the fact Louisville beat them like fsu was a bad high school team,
Mentioned it earlier in this thread, but FSU was playing its third game in 12 days (played OM on Sep. 5 and Louisville on Sep. 17). Horrible scheduling on their part.

They were a tired team even if they did play Charleston Southern between OM and Louisville. Add to the mix the game being on the road for an 11:00 kickoff with a very rowdy crowd for a top 10 matchup, and you get that embarrassing outcome.

and the fact ole miss was handling them at half and should have won that game. (Maybe hugh started getting his mind on things outside football after they built the lead...)
Ole Miss was up on Florida State 28-6 with 3 minutes left in the second quarter at a neutral site. They were up 24-3 on Alabama with 2:47 left in the second quarter at home.

Not much of a difference there.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Mentioned it earlier in this thread, but FSU was playing its third game in 12 days (played OM on Sep. 5 and Louisville on Sep. 17). Horrible scheduling on their part.

They were a tired team even if they did play Charleston Southern between OM and Louisville. Add to the mix the game being on the road for an 11:00 kickoff with a very rowdy crowd for a top 10 matchup, and you get that embarrassing outcome.

Ole Miss was up on Florida State 28-6 with 3 minutes left in the second quarter at a neutral site. They were up 24-3 on Alabama with 2:47 left in the second quarter at home.

Not much of a difference there.
I think unusual circumstance and some aub luck has played into the success ole miss has experienced with Bama in the last 3 meetings

As for FSU, it should have essentially been an off week with Charleston, and in any case, I cannot fathom Bama ever, in reasonably good times, getting drubbed to the tune of 63-20

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think unusual circumstance and some aub luck has played into the success ole miss has experienced with Bama in the last 3 meetings
You mean Auburn luck like this?

Game was 21-3 at the time. Would have been 21-10, but FSU had to settle for a FG.

As for FSU, it should have essentially been an off week with Charleston, and in any case, I cannot fathom Bama ever, in reasonably good times, getting drubbed to the tune of 63-20
I completely agree Alabama under Saban wouldn't get beat 63-20. There's another variable to consider here, though. Louisville's schedule was Thursday, 9/1 - Charlotte, Friday, 9/8 - @ Syracuse, and Saturday, 9/17 - Florida State.

They had four more days in that time period than Florida State did.

In no way am I trying to dismiss the embarrasment of the loss. Don't think we can simply sit back and say "Look there- they lost really bad. Clear sign they're not a good team."

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Game was 21-3 at the time. Would have been 21-10, but FSU had to settle for a FG.

I completely agree Alabama under Saban wouldn't get beat 63-20. There's another variable to consider here, though. Louisville's schedule was Thursday, 9/1 - Charlotte, Friday, 9/8 - @ Syracuse, and Saturday, 9/17 - Florida State.

In no way am I trying to dismiss the embarrasment of the loss. Don't think we can simply sit back and say "Look there- they lost really bad. Clear sign they're not a good team."
I would lend more creedence to this line of thinking IF this were later in the year.

This game ^^ along with the bizarre showing of arkansas against auburn, were perhaps the 2 most head scratching games of the year

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

Oh, and note the scroll rolling on the above video clip :cool2::cool2:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Read somewhere that FSUs best CB has somewhat questionable speed. If true, my confidence level just went up and he should have a fun time with Ridley, Foster, & Co.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Read somewhere that FSUs best CB has somewhat questionable speed. If true, my confidence level just went up and he should have a fun time with Ridley, Foster, & Co.
Our receiving corp is most likely the fastest in the nation including three of our true freshmen. No secondary can match up with us speed wise and if Jalen is throwing the deep ball as well as he did in the spring game we will light up some people deep.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Our receiving corp is most likely the fastest in the nation including three of our true freshmen. No secondary can match up with us speed wise and if Jalen is throwing the deep ball as well as he did in the spring game we will light up some people deep.
It's almost insane how fast our WR group is right now. We have what? 4 or 5 receivers that have run a low or sub 4.4 40 at some point. That's just ridiculous.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

While the FSU game has the potential to derail things, I don't really think anyone needs to worry.

If we win, great.

If we lose a close one that will be remembered in December in evaluating us.

And if we lose big time, we're probably not going to the playoff anyway.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

While the FSU game has the potential to derail things, I don't really think anyone needs to worry.

If we win, great.

If we lose a close one that will be remembered in December in evaluating us.

And if we lose big time, we're probably not going to the playoff anyway.
I don't see this as a possible scenario.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

I don't see this as a possible scenario.
The last time we lost "big"(more than 2 TDs) was 2006 by 15 points to Florida. By comparison, Auburn lost their last two games by 18(us) and 16. Arkansas lost by 28 points to LSU in November. LSU lost by 17 to Arkansas in Nov 2015. MS State lost by 16 to Arkansas in November(and 48 the week before ;) ). Ole Miss lost the last two games by 21 and 35. We really are blessed as a fan base.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.