Question: Are you worried about the FSU game?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: FSU game!!!

I think it'll be a very competitive game with one team barely pulling out the win. Whichever team loses (so long as it isn't a blowout) will still be in the playoff hunt. So, worried, no. Highly anticipated - yes..

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

I worry about all the games, just some a lot more than others. Has any team ever lost their opener then won the title? I think this FSU game is a coin toss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

I expect well kick your butts, but there are no guarantees in big boy football.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al

I think our DL vs their OL will tell the tale. If their QB has time to throw it'll be tight, if not it'll be another michigan or USC game. I don't think Saban has ever lost to a former assistant, so I'd tend to think we will win by at least a TD.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I am worried, but optimistically so. I believe that Alabama will win, but until I see what this Alabama teams looks like, I will worry.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

This feels like a game where whoever plays better in the trenches on both sides of the ball should win. Good news for us is that I think we have the advantage when we are on D. Even with a lot of unproven players we have a ton of talent on DL/OLBs where their OL should be a weakness. I am worried about our CB2 situation though. The 2 things that I think could be our downfall are big plays given up by the secondary and turnovers. Hopefully Jalen has learned to protect the ball better when running because those fumbles could be killer in this game.

FWIW I don't think Saban has ever lost an opening game either. So, if we do lose that's 2 records that will fall.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I think our DL vs their OL will tell the tale. If their QB has time to throw it'll be tight, if not it'll be another michigan or USC game. I don't think Saban has ever lost to a former assistant, so I'd tend to think we will win by at least a TD.
I agree with this. Teams with weak offensive lines tend to get eaten alive by Alabama. If Florida State has shored up that area it will be a close, competitive game that could go either way. If not, I like the Tide pretty decisively.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Depends on whether we can force your D to cover the middle of the field. If so, I think it's tight for three quarters, then the body blows of the first 45 minutes take their toll, and we pull away.

If not, depends on whether our D, missing last year's edge rushers can get pressure on Francois. Your OL was a weakness last year, so how much they've improved is a huge unknown.

If we get pressure while maintaining discipline staying in front of Francois, his performance will suffer, whether he is actually sacked or not.

That also opens up a lot of defensive options. I know you have a BA running back...but ask Leonard Fournette how that works when the OL can't protect the QB.

If we can't get enough pressure to affect Francois, it's a whole different ballgame.

Deciding matchups:
1. Alabama's short / medium passing game against FSU's LBs, safeties, and nickels.
2. FSU's OL against Alabama's front seven.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I don't mean to sound cocky... I notice the common theme among our fans: Close games for first 4 quarters, It depends on our QB developments, and our defense.
2016-USC
2015-Wisconsin
2014-West Virginia
2013=Virginia Tech

I honestly think We'll know where we stand after halftime. Saban tends to play little conservative in first half, trying to see what they would do before making adjustments in second half. Florida will come out with RPO plays trying to catch us off guard. They know our defense is fast and can get to QBs quick. So I'm looking for quick passes, screen plays to start off the game and a deep ball to test our secondary. We'll know what kind of team we will have in first game and grow from there. Remember USC last year? They were not the same team from Game 1 and constantly got better each game. So this game is perfect for both team. Win or lose, I'm comfortable with it and both teams will be lot better later in the season.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

FSU supposedly has the best secondary in college football and their safety is supposed to be some kind of all-world dynamo who can play S, CB, LB, DE, PK, P, GK, SF, PG, and even comes in as a reliever for the Devil Rays on occasion...or something like that.
IF we can pass on them then I think it bodes very well for us the rest of the season and very badly for our opponents.
I agree this should be a tight, hard-fought game but I'd have to pick the Tide just because I don't see a CNS team losing back to back marquee games against ACC teams...but a loss is certainly possible...and survivable for either team.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Is there anyone in bama nation worried about your first game of 2017???
Renagade (sic), it is board policy that a thread title should give readers some idea of what you wish to discuss. In this case "Are you worried about the FSU game?" would have been more appropriate.
I read the thread title and thought to myself, "Yes, there will be an FSU game."

To answer your question, if I had to bet money, I would put my money on Bama winning by 9-10 points, pulling away in the 4th quarter. FSU is very capable of beating Alabama, though, so an FSU victory would not surprise me very much.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

FSU will have talent all over the field - this is the first opener that has caused me concern since Clemson in 2008

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

I don't mean to sound cocky... I notice the common theme among our fans: Close games for first 4 quarters, It depends on our QB developments, and our defense.
2016-USC
2015-Wisconsin
2014-West Virginia
2013=Virginia Tech

I honestly think We'll know where we stand after halftime. Saban tends to play little conservative in first half, trying to see what they would do before making adjustments in second half. Florida will come out with RPO plays trying to catch us off guard. They know our defense is fast and can get to QBs quick. So I'm looking for quick passes, screen plays to start off the game and a deep ball to test our secondary. We'll know what kind of team we will have in first game and grow from there. Remember USC last year? They were not the same team from Game 1 and constantly got better each game. So this game is perfect for both team. Win or lose, I'm comfortable with it and both teams will be lot better later in the season.
Wisconsin hung around. The game was never in doubt but their D played well, only 14-7 at halftime.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Ha! Love it! lol

I'm not worried but it should be a great game. FSU will be determined so it won't be a cakewalk. All I can say it is a game we can lose if we don't execute. If we play up to our potential, we will win by 2-3 touchdowns.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.