2017 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports and Press Conference Updates)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
It may be completely incorrect but I think the style of offense Lane ran vs what Daboll will run had a lot to do with the inconsistency of the OL. I think the more traditional road grader N/S approach will help with the players we have. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
It baffles me with all these prized OL recruits we have that there isn't one that can take that RG spot and play Bama football.
We talk about inconsistency on the line last year, and there WAS inconsistency, yet we still managed to have a 1,000 yard rusher, a 900 yard rusher, and 800 yard rusher, and a 500 yard rusher. That's pretty remarkable. If we improve even a LITTLE bit, we are going to hurt people.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We just need the right side to not be a liability. I don't expect every OL unit to be the 2012 group where there was practically no drop-off from left to right.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
We just need the right side to not be a liability. I don't expect every OL unit to be the 2012 group where there was practically no drop-off from left to right.
Agreed...that group was special...a former college football player & friend (who is not a Bama fan) said it was the best OL he had ever seen.

Somehow I think with the continuity this OL has a better than average chance to be special. A lot of OL work is TEAMWORK -- if you play together long enough you understand each other.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Agreed...that group was special...a former college football player & friend (who is not a Bama fan) said it was the best OL he had ever seen.

Somehow I think with the continuity this OL has a better than average chance to be special. A lot of OL work is TEAMWORK -- if you play together long enough you understand each other.
That's what worries me about Saban's tendency to continuing experimenting along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We talk about inconsistency on the line last year, and there WAS inconsistency, yet we still managed to have a 1,000 yard rusher, a 900 yard rusher, and 800 yard rusher, and a 500 yard rusher. That's pretty remarkable. If we improve even a LITTLE bit, we are going to hurt people.
Agree and we are going to hurt people. We are going to be better at RG than we were last year and the OL as a whole will be better IMO. We are going to be scary good on offense this year and will break a bunch of records.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Yeah you're right about that. That's what makes me think it's more about pass protect and blocking the right guy versus blocking the run. I don't know.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
That`s absolutely terrific news IMO. The rotation can only be helped, even if he doesn`t start. Looks like lots of meaningful snaps for Raekwon this year.
I think this year it could be more about the rotation, like it was in 2015, where we had a ton of DL who all took meaningful snaps, versus 2016 where our rotation was a bit more limited. In 15 we would sometimes sub out the entire DL and there wasn't a huge dropoff. I'm optimistic we could have depth close to that again.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Just watched the press conference from Thursday. CNS sounded more like Coach Bryant in his responses than I have ever heard him. His concern for team and then the individual person was extremely evident (more than usual). Glad he is the coach.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I get the feeling we're gonna move Minkah around a bunch this season. Could go down as one of the best all-around DBs we've had here with a great season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.