2017 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports and Press Conference Updates)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yea but Jacobs is a little different from the other guys. I think he can provide a change of pace roll. That's also why I mentioned Najee, because in limited time he seems best fit to take over Jacobs roll. Najee looks like he can do it all.
Yep. Najee seems to be the best option to fill-in for Jacobs if JJ isn't ready for the FSU game. I'd rather sit him for a game or two rather than rush him back and end up doing more damage because he's not fully healthy.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Yep. Najee seems to be the best option to fill-in for Jacobs if JJ isn't ready for the FSU game. I'd rather sit him for a game or two rather than rush him back and end up doing more damage because he's not fully healthy.
As much as I want to see him play, wholeheartedly concur. He has the potential to be too special, I think, to potentially waste him in such a fashion.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Where did you read that? Saban said he had a hamstring injury, but that's all he said.
Sorry for the alarm - I just checked everywhere and it was an OSU message board post not something from an official source. The information that you guys have is probably more reliable that that of a fellow Buckeye poster.

I'm getting old. Again, I apologize for any undue alarm that my post might have created.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed. Anyone who's had a ham injury knows how easy reinjury is...

Yea but Jacobs is a little different from the other guys. I think he can provide a change of pace roll. That's also why I mentioned Najee, because in limited time he seems best fit to take over Jacobs roll. Najee looks like he can do it all.
Harris is that main change of pace in my opinion, but I see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Agreed. Anyone who's had a ham injury knows how easy reinjury is...
Agree with both of the above. These things can linger if you don't let them heal correctly so I always worry when a player gets a ham injury. Jacobs is going to be a valuable

Harris is that main change of pace in my opinion, but I see your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
I assume you mean Damien but he isn't really a change of pace. He isn't the same size as Bo but he is still a similar type of runner. Jacobs has been practicing at WR some and is deadly out of the backfield. Harris is great but doesn't provide the same thing. Najee looks like he might be able to provide it as well.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Question for you people that know more about football practice than me, K. James was to be given a look see at DE. He spent the first practice at DE and then the staff moved him back to TE. Can you tell by one practice (and that in shorts) that he is not suited for DE?

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
They moved Jeudy to the slot which I have been hoping for. That sets up Ridley, Foster and Jeudy on the field at the same time. That's not fair.
Sometimes they move players around for them to get a feel for the other positions and to see how the pieces in the puzzle fit together. This could be an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Sometimes they move players around for them to get a feel for the other positions and to see how the pieces in the puzzle fit together. This could be an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know he may not be permanently a slot WR but as I said, it sets up seeing all three on the field at the same time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Man that was great stuff...

Just when it looked like he was about to erupt, on more than one occasion, he dialed it back n turned it into a lighthearted moment.

But not that light...

Delivering his message nonetheless...
He started off hot (presumably because of a mid-camp fatigue practice in some serious heat), but he couldn't maintain the intensity and started joking with the media.

Surprised the national media hasn't gone crazy over him using a "naughty word" and blasted "Nick Saban goes on epic rant!" all over the place. The beat writers were laughing because they knew he wasn't mad. The majority of them have been on the beat for 3+ years now, so they have a pretty good relationship with him and know how he works. The national media OTOH is still learning (and looking for clicks)...

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Alabama vs Fresno St - Best Show Within the World

Cecil Hurt's column yesterday on Saban's press conference included this side-link. I would love to see this guy's game recap after the "massive amusing match." I, too, am conjointly excited.
That was amusing, but painful to read. Clearly this person knows nothing about football and I'm quite certain English is not their primary, or perhaps secondary, language.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.