2017 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports and Press Conference Updates)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It was, and he wasn't in a black jersey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, and it`s great and all, but considering the nature of that injury, I`m not sure at all that he should play next week regardless. Then again, I`m not there. And then again, last time I checked, I don`t have a medical degree hanging on my wall.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
With the caliber of athlete we recruit (especially at the running back position) I don't think catching the ball will ever be an issue for our RBs. It's not like we're calling elaborate routes for the RBs anyhow. We generally just use them as a safety valve or chip block then peel into flats or something like a quick option route. Nothing really down the field or anything that would be considered difficult to catch. I think that sluggo to Kenyan Drake that we ran on the first play against Florida a few years ago is about elaborate a route as the coaches have called run for a RB. Drake was more of a hybrid player also..
I've kept that recording on my PVR - including the kick ... musical intro to the game - which I've never seen anywhere else since, and whenever the opportunity presents itself to blast it for guests - esp unsuspecting ones, well, let's just say that it has the potential to cause traumatic hearing loss... :cool:

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
I can see Jacobs being a threat in the slot on tunnel screens. His quick change of direction and the power he possesses could prove to be too much on such a play.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Matt W. still running with 1st O line at RT. Is the starting O line now set? Opinions?
At this point, it's pretty clear that the coaches think Womack is the best we have at that position.

Whether that's a good thing, a bad thing, or somewhere in the middle, doesn't really matter all that much. Until another player convinces the coaches otherwise (or Womack does through sub-par play), he's our guy.

If he does well, that's great. If he struggles, we have a good corps of TEs and HBs to help out.

To quote Jon Snow, "We fight with the men we have."

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I feel like an underrated story is Jonah Williams transition to LT. He was great last year but it will be interesting to see how he does now that he is THE guy. Cam had ups and downs but he stonewalled some great pass rushers last year. Can Jonah do the same?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Jonah Williams has a even higher upside than CamRob. He looked incredibly fluid against strong side rushers...we shall see what that means against weak side rushers.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Get the feeling it's set for the FSU game but will probably change against Fresno State to see how Wills does.
This is an interesting thought, particularly if Wills and Womack are real close as far as competition is concerned. I would suppose that if MW were to obviously struggle against FSU to the point where it seriously hampered the offense`s performance we would see Wills during FSU. As stated, we do have H`s and TE`s that can assist, but you`d hope any tackle could handle his assignments on his own, at least for the most part.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think Jonah Williams has a even higher upside than CamRob. He looked incredibly fluid against strong side rushers...we shall see what that means against weak side rushers.
He looked like he had Samuels type talent last year. He totally dominated the players across from him as a true freshman.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Of all the contributors we've seen from his class - which includes Jalen Hurts - I think he's the most likely to go top-5 in the draft.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I feel like an underrated story is Jonah Williams transition to LT. He was great last year but it will be interesting to see how he does now that he is THE guy. Cam had ups and downs but he stonewalled some great pass rushers last year. Can Jonah do the same?
Cam had a similar freshman season to the one Jonah just had. Then Cam seemed to regress over the next 2 years. Hope Jonah goes in the other direction i.e. continues to get better rather than regressing..

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I completely agree. Just have to see him do it at LT to be sure was all I was saying.

Of all the contributors we've seen from his class - which includes Jalen Hurts - I think he's the most likely to go top-5 in the draft.
Yea, him or Terrell Lewis have the best shot IMO. Obviously, Williams has shown more in game than Lewis to this point but good god Lewis is a FREAK

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I'm hoping to see Cotton finally lock down that right guard spot. It looks like Deonte Brown and others gave him a run but he's beat them back and with Brown being moved to Left Guard they appear to be setting him up to succeed Pierschbacher (who will be draft eligible after this season).

I think the Womack Willis thing will work itself out over the season. Willis is of course wet behind the ears but Womack doesn't have much more game experience than he does and it appears Willis is more athletic. It's nice to have options. I remember a time not too long ago where the right tackle was little more than a road bump for pass rushers to our poor quarterbacks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.