2017 Fall Camp Thread (Practice Reports and Press Conference Updates)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm at the beach, so someone else will most likely need to post today and Saturday's news.

We're four hours away, ladies and gents....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Probably the biggest news is that freshman tight end Kendrick James is getting a look at DE. I wonder if his meteoric weight gain this summer is an indication that this had been a plan from the beginning.
This was mentioned in an earlier thread. I think you are right that he knew. We have a lot of quality depth at TE right now.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I know that we have a great S&C program and a lot of our guys look the part, but Daniel Wright as a true Frosh is physically built like a 22 year-old Junior or Senior from the pictures that I saw.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I know that we have a great S&C program and a lot of our guys look the part, but Daniel Wright as a true Frosh is physically built like a 22 year-old Junior or Senior from the pictures that I saw.
I totally agree, that guy is really cut. He looks like his body fat is very low!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Will be really interesting to see where Minkah ends up playing. I would still bet on Safety but it sounds like he practiced at CB too. That CB2 battle will be interesting to watch in general. No matter what happens we have 4 guys who are going to be studs back there in Minkah, Ronnie, Averett and Tony

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Will be really interesting to see where Minkah ends up playing. I would still bet on Safety but it sounds like he practiced at CB too. That CB2 battle will be interesting to watch in general. No matter what happens we have 4 guys who are going to be studs back there in Minkah, Ronnie, Averett and Tony
I wish to God Tony Brown would "get it." If he played with sound technique he would be like Alabama's version of the "Iron Dome." Nothing would get past him.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wish to God Tony Brown would "get it." If he played with sound technique he would be like Alabama's version of the "Iron Dome." Nothing would get past him.
I want to point out that Tony does get it. He has matured a lot since last year. I promise you he has improved a lot. It's a possibility that Tony is good at Star, It's not necessary a bad thing for him to be at where he is right now. I think they like him at Star because of his speed.

Now The way I look at it...
Plan A: Diggs/Averett at CB, Tony Brown at Star and Minkah at Safety with Harrison .
Plan B: Minkah/Averett at CB, Tony Brown at Star and Hootie Jones at Safety with Harrison.
Plan C: Brown/Averett at CB, Trevor Diggs at Star and Minkah Safety with Harrison
Plan D: Brown/Averett at CB Shyiem Carter at Star and Minkah safety with Harrison

There's lot of combination we can work with, and no matter how we ends up in the end, I think Minkah will stick at Safety and we'll see Diggs/Carter/Mayden at CB. Knott is another year away from being ready.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I want to point out that Tony does get it. He has matured a lot since last year. I promise you he has improved a lot. It's a possibility that Tony is good at Star, It's not necessary a bad thing for him to be at where he is right now. I think they like him at Star because of his speed.

Plan A: Diggs/Averett at CB, Tony Brown at Star and Minkah at Safety with Harrison .
Plan B: Minkah/Averett at CB, Tony Brown at Star and Hootie Jones at Safety with Harrison.
Plan C: Brown/Averett at CB, Trevor Diggs at Star and Minkah Safety with Harrison
Plan D: Brown/Averett at CB Shyiem Carter at Star and Minkah safety with Harrison

There's lot of combination we can work with, and no matter how we ends up in the end, I think Minkah will stick at Safety and we'll see Diggs/Carter/Mayden at CB. Knott is another year away from being ready.
I think this is probably accurate but I would switch Plans D & C. I could be wrong but I have a feeling Shyiem Carter would start at Star over Diggs

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Update: we have big, big freshmen.

Labryan Ray, DL

Chris Allen, OLB

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

You're probably right. I guess the development of Diggs and some of the other underclassmen are the main focus.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.