Rum Cake

1 box butter cake mix
2 sm pck instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup water
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup nuts

Mix ingredients together; then add eggs. Mix 2 minutes. You will need to add milk to "soften" the mixture (about 1/2 cup). Mix additional 2 minutes or until mixture is "soft". Pour into greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 325 for about 1 hour.

Glaze:
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup rum
1/4 cup water

Melt butter and add other ingredients. Pour over cake. Let stand for about 30 minutes, then take out of pan. I pour a little of the glaze after I take out of pan. Delicious cake; better the longer it sits.

Last edited:

Bamadev

1st Team
Nov 15, 2004
Shelby County AL
Marinated Pork Tenderloin

1 package boneless pork tenderloins (there should be two in the pack)

3 Tablespoons Dale's Sauce
2 Tablespoons dry sherry
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon peanut oil
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use finely minced fresh garlic)
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Rinse tenderloins under water and pat dry with paper towels. Whisk together
all marinade ingredients--pour over pork in a tupperware or heavy duty
ziplock bag--marinate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight. grill
tenderloins over medium low heat for 30 minutes, flip after 15 minutes.

This is delicious with coleslaw and creamed corn, or a big salad--and the
next day it is great sliced thin for sandwiches--our favorite is with mayo,
lettuce, raspberry mustard and swiss cheese. This also freezes well after
grilling--keeps for up to 3 months. Enjoy!!!

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Rotel Dip

1 pound Velveeta cubed
1 can (10 oz) diced ro-tel tomatoes with green chilis
1 Lb. Jimmy Deans "Hot" ground sausage, browned

Brown sausage in a skillet, crumble.In medium saucepan combine ingredients and heat over low heat until the cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Smoked Pork

10 pounds pork shoulder roast
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 (18 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce

2 yellow onions, quartered
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
8 cloves garlic, halved
2 cups Burgundy wine
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Thoroughly rub pork shoulder roast with black pepper, cayenne pepper and barbeque sauce. Place on a medium baking sheet. Chill uncovered in the refrigerator 8 hours, or overnight.

Preheat an outdoor smoker to a temperature of 225 degrees F (110 degrees C) to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).

Place onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, burgundy wine, black pepper and cayenne pepper in the water pan of the smoker. Cover with enough water to make approximately a gallon of liquid in the pan. Place pan in the smoker.

Center pork over water pan in the prepared smoker. Smoke 6 hours.

Notes: "Smoked pork is an all-time outdoor cooking favorite. Be sure to keep the smoker closed as much as possible, and use a few water-soaked hickory chips while smoking. Check every hour or so to be sure the temperature of the meat remains consistent, and to add more coals and water as necessary. The finished pork is great on sandwiches with your favorite barbeque sauce."

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
TommyMac said:
BamaBound,

Quit avoiding the issue and trying to appease us with all those other recipes. You know dang well what we want..............Give us NANA's CHILI!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!! T-Mac, I doubt she'd give me the recipe!! I'll push for it this Fall!!

:biga2:

BamaTodd

1st Team
Oct 8, 2002
Gotham City/Batcave
Hardee's Fried Chicken

Here's an oldie but a goodie...

Drive to Bama game from Bham.
Get off of I-20/59 at the US 11 exit. Take US 11 through the beautiful countryside.
Pull into the Hardee's resturant in Alberta City.
Go through the dirve through and order an eight-piece chicken and four biscuits for each tailgating participant.
Pull out of the parking lot onto US 11 and continue until it turns into University Blvd.
Find a suitable parking spot. Remove chicken and biscuits from box and eat.
(For best results, it is recommended that the chicken be consumed along with several cold beers)

We used to do that in days gone by when we were young and stupid and didn't care about cooking at the game. And I don't think this recipe is good anymore, as I think Hardee's stopped selling chicken. That's a shame too--their chicken was fantastic.

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
Use On Anything Rub/Marinade

Rub:
Season Salt
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder

Liquids:
Hot Sauce
Worchestershire Sauce

I use this for chicken and porck chops and steaks to give it awesome flavor and tenderness! Just rub with the powders then pour the sauces over it and you can variate on the temp you want it by using more or less hot sauce!

Also I make a killer cheddar cheese ball where all I do is add those 5 ingredients by sight to a pack of cream cheese and about 2 cup cheddar cheese!! The secret is the pecans you roll the cheese ball in roast them with a little season salt, definate crowd pleaser!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Hot Sausage Dip

Keep'em coming!

1 LB Hot Sausage ( I use Jimmy Dean)
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
5 oz sliced mushrooms sliced (in a can is fine)
3 TB worstershier (not in kitchen I have no idea how to spell
it)
10 -12 oz of cream cheese

Brown and drain sausage. Sautee' onion and bell pepper I just use grease
from sasauge, then add mushrooms, and worsthershier, stir on low to
medium then add sasauge back into the skillet, and turn off and add
cream cheese. Stir and keep warm until served. Serve with scoop style
Frito's.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Spinach Dip

Spinach Dip
-----------

1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package Knorr or Lipton Vegetable Soup Mix
1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 round sourdough loaf
1 standard sourdough loaf

Squeeze spinach until dry. In medium bowl stir together spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, water chestnuts and green onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Cut off top of sourdough loaf (top will become lid) and hollow out center of loaf to form a bowl. Spoon spinach mixture into bread when you are ready to serve.

Cut standard loaf into cubes to be used for dipping. Fresh vegetables may also be used.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Crab Dip

Crab Dip
----------------------

1 can crab meat (or 1/2lb fresh)
1 8oz cream cheese
1 tbls spicy mustard
1 tbls horseradish
dash of tabasco

Blend all ingredients with fork by hand. Heat in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Serve with King Size Fritos.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Artichoke-Spinach Dip I

Artichoke-Spinach Dip
---------------------

2 - 8 ounce cans water packed artichoke hearts
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cloves whole garlic - peeled, crushed

Drain artichokes and chop finely. In a medium sized bowl combine artichokes with cream cheese, mayonnaise, mozzarella, Parmesan and garlic. Mix until well blended and place in 2 shallow baking dishes (or 1 dish 8 x 12 inches.) Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes until hot and bubbly. During the baking stir the mixture once. Serve hot with crackers. Serves 25 (or 6 very greedy people for half the recipe.)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Crab & Artichoke Dip

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound of fresh picked lump crabmeat or 3 - 6 oz cans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup heavy cream
1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
2 tablespoons minced garlic
ground black pepper to taste
add a few shakes of tobasco if you really want to give it some zing

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream and artichokes. Season with horseradish, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper. Mix well and spread mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle the white Cheddar cheese and Old Bay seasoning on top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until warm and melted.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Pinwheels (Sausage)

Sausage Pinwheels

1 lb. sausage
2 pkgs. Pillsbury crescent rolls

Divide sausage into 8 equal pieces. Separate crescent rolls into rectangles (4 from each package). Flatten rolls with fingers sealing perforations on each rectangle. Then place uncooked sausage on each piece of dough, covering with a thin layer of sausage. Roll up pinwheel fashion. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze. When frozen, slice each roll into thin pieces. Bake according to package directions.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Club Wraps

Club Wraps

1/2 cup creamy mustard-mayonnaise blend
4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
1/2 pound thinly sliced honey ham
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked provolone or mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded leaf lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 small purple onion, diced
8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Spread mustard-mayonnaise blend evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Layer turkey and next 6 ingredients evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roll up tortillas; cut in half diagonally, and secure with wooden picks.

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
Easy Heath Bar Pie

Half Gallon Vannilla or Coffee Ice Cream
1 pkg of Heath Bar Bits
1 Graham Cracker Crust
1 Bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Directions:
Set ice cream out and let soften, and while it softens squirt syrup in the bottom of pie crust and add around half the bag of Heath Bar bits. Add ice cream to top of crust then drizzle more syrup and sprinkle with Heath bits. Cover and return to freezer till solid and take out and serve when ready!

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad

(I'm just makin one serving of this so you can just multiply to make it to the amount of people)

2 boiled or grilled chicken breasts chopped
1/8 of a cup or a spoonful of sour cream
1/8 of a cup or a spoonful of mayo
4th of a packet of Ranch Dressing mix
Hot Sauce to prefence heat
a handful of shredded cheese

Combine in bowl and serve cold on crackers or sandwich.

Also if y'all can't tell when I cook iIdon't measure stuff I just eye ball it cause normally I just make stuff messing arond in the kitchen. And I don't like mayo and that's why I put half sour cream but it tastes REALLY good!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
BamaTodd said:
Hardee's Fried Chicken

Here's an oldie but a goodie...

Drive to Bama game from Bham.
Get off of I-20/59 at the US 11 exit. Take US 11 through the beautiful countryside.
Pull into the Hardee's resturant in Alberta City.
Go through the dirve through and order an eight-piece chicken and four biscuits for each tailgating participant.
Pull out of the parking lot onto US 11 and continue until it turns into University Blvd.
Find a suitable parking spot. Remove chicken and biscuits from box and eat.
(For best results, it is recommended that the chicken be consumed along with several cold beers)

We used to do that in days gone by when we were young and stupid and didn't care about cooking at the game. And I don't think this recipe is good anymore, as I think Hardee's stopped selling chicken. That's a shame too--their chicken was fantastic.
Hardee's in Alberta closed down several years ago.

jrock44

3rd Team
Jan 22, 2007
Jackson TN
This is from a true "Coon-..." family in the city formerly known as New Orleans. They are LSU fans but don't mind sharing when it comes to good food. It is best served hot, but could be made day before and heated up on the grill. (Be sure to cover with foil)

Bourgeois' Bread Pudding with Whisky sauce

Pudding
1 qt. whole milk
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
½ Teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (combination of cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg)
1 cup raisins
1 Loaf “day old” French bread
1 stick margarine or butter

Tear French Bread into pieces about 1” x 1” square and place in a large mixing bowl. In a second bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add 2 cups sugar, vanilla, raisins, and Apple Pie Spice. Mix together until well. Add milk and mix together. Pour the wet mixture over the bread and stir until bread is coated. Cover the bowl and place in refrigerator overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut 1 stick of margarine into pieces and melt in a 9” x 13” pan in the oven. Remove the pudding mixture from the refrigerator fold over 2 or 3 times so that bread is evenly coated. Once butter is melted, remove pan from the oven and pour pudding mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the top of the pudding with Apple Pie Spice to taste. Melt butter for sauce (see details below). Bake for 30 Minutes at 350 and then increase temp to 375 and cook an additional 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Whisky Sauce
1 stick margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
1 jigger whiskey
1egg

As soon as you place pudding in the oven, melt 1 stick of margarine in microwave. Allow the butter to cool while bread pudding is cooking. When pudding is almost ready, add sugar whiskey and 1 beaten egg to melted butter and mix thoroughly (make sure butter is cool so this doesn’t fry the egg). Remove bread pudding from oven and immediately pour sauce over pudding. Let pudding cool 5 minutes and serve.

kcin_4_BAMA

RV Moderator
Oct 3, 2005
The Wiregrass
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites..........

The best way to make this is to prepare these the night before & then cook on gameday. It is a bit time consuming but these are FANTASTIC! Definitely worth the work.

Ingredients:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts or strips
Olive oil
Bacon
Shredded cheese - I prefer pepper jack or cheddar
Jalapeno slices
Bacon - Thin-sliced works best
Salt
Pepper
Toothpicks

Preparation:

Go ahead & open everything & make a large pile of cheese, separate the bacon strips & dice up the jalapenos & put in a pile.
If you use chicken breasts, get them as thin as possible & cut strips about 1/2-3/4" wide.
On a large baking sheet pour enough olive oil to cover the pan & place the chicken on top. Make sure the chicken is drenched in EVOO so the cheese & other ingredients will stick. Salt/Pepper the chicken.
Next, put a little cheese & a few pieces of jalapenos on the chicken.
Once you do this, roll the chicken until it forms a spiral that looks similar to a car tire.
Take a piece of bacon & wrap it around the chicken so that the bacon covers the 2 "open" sides.
Stick a toothpick through to secure the bacon & place wraps in a container until next day. If you want, you can soak in EVOO until ready to cook.
Grill & serve with ranch or southwest ranch for dipping.

Note: You can add diced mushrooms, onion, other peppers and/or cheeses for different flavors/varieties.

mm, mm, GOOD!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.