Let's have a tailgate party - Page 5
Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Pinwheels (Sausage)

Sausage Pinwheels

1 lb. sausage
    2 pkgs. Pillsbury crescent rolls

Divide sausage into 8 equal pieces. Separate crescent rolls into rectangles (4 from each package). Flatten rolls with fingers sealing perforations on each rectangle. Then place uncooked sausage on each piece of dough, covering with a thin layer of sausage. Roll up pinwheel fashion. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze. When frozen, slice each roll into thin pieces. Bake according to package directions.

Club Wraps

Club Wraps

1/2 cup creamy mustard-mayonnaise blend
    4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
    1/2 pound thinly sliced smoked turkey
    1/2 pound thinly sliced honey ham
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked provolone or mozzarella cheese
    2 cups shredded leaf lettuce
    2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
    1/2 small purple onion, diced
    8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper

Spread mustard-mayonnaise blend evenly over 1 side of each tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Layer turkey and next 6 ingredients evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Roll up tortillas; cut in half diagonally, and secure with wooden picks.

BamaNation All-American BamaArrived2006's Avatar

Big A Easy Heath Bar Pie

Half Gallon Vannilla or Coffee Ice Cream
    1 pkg of Heath Bar Bits
    1 Graham Cracker Crust
    1 Bottle of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

Directions:
    Set ice cream out and let soften, and while it softens squirt syrup in the bottom of pie crust and add around half the bag of Heath Bar bits. Add ice cream to top of crust then drizzle more syrup and sprinkle with Heath bits. Cover and return to freezer till solid and take out and serve when ready!

I Remember '55

“You can’t be a soft football team. We’re not going to be a soft football team. We have to develop the players we have here to be tougher and we have to recruit the kind of players who have that kind of character and attitude and are that kind of competitor" Nick Saban

I BELIEVE

BamaNation All-American BamaArrived2006's Avatar

Big A Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad

(I'm just makin one serving of this so you can just multiply to make it to the amount of people)

2 boiled or grilled chicken breasts chopped
    1/8 of a cup or a spoonful of sour cream
    1/8 of a cup or a spoonful of mayo
    4th of a packet of Ranch Dressing mix
    Hot Sauce to prefence heat
    a handful of shredded cheese

Combine in bowl and serve cold on crackers or sandwich.

Also if y'all can't tell when I cook iIdon't measure stuff I just eye ball it cause normally I just make stuff messing arond in the kitchen. And I don't like mayo and that's why I put half sour cream but it tastes REALLY good!

I Remember '55

“You can’t be a soft football team. We’re not going to be a soft football team. We have to develop the players we have here to be tougher and we have to recruit the kind of players who have that kind of character and attitude and are that kind of competitor" Nick Saban

I BELIEVE

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaTodd
    Hardee's Fried Chicken

Here's an oldie but a goodie...

Drive to Bama game from Bham.
    Get off of I-20/59 at the US 11 exit. Take US 11 through the beautiful countryside.
    Pull into the Hardee's resturant in Alberta City.
    Go through the dirve through and order an eight-piece chicken and four biscuits for each tailgating participant.
    Pull out of the parking lot onto US 11 and continue until it turns into University Blvd.
    Find a suitable parking spot. Remove chicken and biscuits from box and eat.
    (For best results, it is recommended that the chicken be consumed along with several cold beers)

We used to do that in days gone by when we were young and stupid and didn't care about cooking at the game. And I don't think this recipe is good anymore, as I think Hardee's stopped selling chicken. That's a shame too--their chicken was fantastic.
    Hardee's in Alberta closed down several years ago.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation First Team jeffs4thetide's Avatar

Re: Let's have a tailgate party

You guys are making me really hungry....

BamaNation Second Team

This is from a true "Coon-..." family in the city formerly known as New Orleans. They are LSU fans but don't mind sharing when it comes to good food. It is best served hot, but could be made day before and heated up on the grill. (Be sure to cover with foil)

Bourgeois' Bread Pudding with Whisky sauce

Pudding
    1 qt. whole milk
    3 eggs
    2 cups sugar
    1 Tablespoon vanilla
    ½ Teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (combination of cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg)
    1 cup raisins
    1 Loaf “day old” French bread
    1 stick margarine or butter

Tear French Bread into pieces about 1” x 1” square and place in a large mixing bowl. In a second bowl, beat 3 eggs. Add 2 cups sugar, vanilla, raisins, and Apple Pie Spice. Mix together until well. Add milk and mix together. Pour the wet mixture over the bread and stir until bread is coated. Cover the bowl and place in refrigerator overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut 1 stick of margarine into pieces and melt in a 9” x 13” pan in the oven. Remove the pudding mixture from the refrigerator fold over 2 or 3 times so that bread is evenly coated. Once butter is melted, remove pan from the oven and pour pudding mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the top of the pudding with Apple Pie Spice to taste. Melt butter for sauce (see details below). Bake for 30 Minutes at 350 and then increase temp to 375 and cook an additional 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Whisky Sauce
    1 stick margarine or butter
    1 cup sugar
    1 jigger whiskey
    1egg

As soon as you place pudding in the oven, melt 1 stick of margarine in microwave. Allow the butter to cool while bread pudding is cooking. When pudding is almost ready, add sugar whiskey and 1 beaten egg to melted butter and mix thoroughly (make sure butter is cool so this doesn’t fry the egg). Remove bread pudding from oven and immediately pour sauce over pudding. Let pudding cool 5 minutes and serve.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites..........

The best way to make this is to prepare these the night before & then cook on gameday. It is a bit time consuming but these are FANTASTIC! Definitely worth the work.

Ingredients:

Boneless skinless chicken breasts or strips
    Olive oil
    Bacon
    Shredded cheese - I prefer pepper jack or cheddar
    Jalapeno slices
    Bacon - Thin-sliced works best
    Salt
    Pepper
    Toothpicks

Preparation:

Go ahead & open everything & make a large pile of cheese, separate the bacon strips & dice up the jalapenos & put in a pile.
    If you use chicken breasts, get them as thin as possible & cut strips about 1/2-3/4" wide.
    On a large baking sheet pour enough olive oil to cover the pan & place the chicken on top. Make sure the chicken is drenched in EVOO so the cheese & other ingredients will stick. Salt/Pepper the chicken.
    Next, put a little cheese & a few pieces of jalapenos on the chicken.
    Once you do this, roll the chicken until it forms a spiral that looks similar to a car tire.
    Take a piece of bacon & wrap it around the chicken so that the bacon covers the 2 "open" sides.
    Stick a toothpick through to secure the bacon & place wraps in a container until next day. If you want, you can soak in EVOO until ready to cook.
    Grill & serve with ranch or southwest ranch for dipping.

Note: You can add diced mushrooms, onion, other peppers and/or cheeses for different flavors/varieties.

mm, mm, GOOD!
    "What the hell's the matter with you people down there? Don't y'all take your football seriously?" Coach Bryant, upon calling Auburn at 6 AM only to find out that none of the coaches were in their offices yet.

FB | REC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaTodd View Post
    Hardee's Fried Chicken

Here's an oldie but a goodie...

Drive to Bama game from Bham.
    Get off of I-20/59 at the US 11 exit. Take US 11 through the beautiful countryside.
    Pull into the Hardee's resturant in Alberta City.
    Go through the dirve through and order an eight-piece chicken and four biscuits for each tailgating participant.
    Pull out of the parking lot onto US 11 and continue until it turns into University Blvd.
    Find a suitable parking spot. Remove chicken and biscuits from box and eat.
    (For best results, it is recommended that the chicken be consumed along with several cold beers)

We used to do that in days gone by when we were young and stupid and didn't care about cooking at the game. And I don't think this recipe is good anymore, as I think Hardee's stopped selling chicken. That's a shame too--their chicken was fantastic.
    lol
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation First Team gerry dorsey's Avatar

corn dip

2 cans of yellow and white corn mixed (drain corn before)
    1 can mexi-corn (drain corn before)
    8 oz sour cream
    8 oz mayo
    1 bunch green onions chopped
    2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar chease
    4 oz can chopped green chilies
    1 jar of sliced jalapeños (will have to chop)....add as much as you want for spiciness

mix everything in a big bowl and keep refrigerated. best if mixed night before so flavors can mix in. can be doubled w/ a large group…use 3 yel/wht corn and 2 mexi corn and double everything else.

serve with Tortilla chips (i prefer the small scoops for this)

this stuff is guaranteed to disappear
    DON'T CONFUSE ROUTINE WITH COMMITMENT

BamaNation Scout Team

BAMA cheese dip..

1lb Ground beef scrambled and drained
    1 XL package of Velveeta..(the biggest one they make)
    2 cans Chili Hot beans
    2 can diced tomatoes with green chilles(drain them)(Roteil or brand of your choice)

While the Ground beef is frying.Turn the crock pot on high and dice up the cheese and let it start melting..Pour in other ingredients...After you have drained the beef, pour over other indredients in crock pot and wait about 5 minutes..The hot beef sort of speeds up the melting process. Once all the cheese is melted turn crock pot down to low..Serve with warm salted chips and enjoy. This is messy and delicious. Have napkins and plastic bowls ready for your BAMA fans..Enjoy!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar

Re: Pinwheels (Sausage)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaLuver View Post
    Sausage Pinwheels

1 lb. sausage
    2 pkgs. Pillsbury crescent rolls

Divide sausage into 8 equal pieces. Separate crescent rolls into rectangles (4 from each package). Flatten rolls with fingers sealing perforations on each rectangle. Then place uncooked sausage on each piece of dough, covering with a thin layer of sausage. Roll up pinwheel fashion. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze. When frozen, slice each roll into thin pieces. Bake according to package directions.
    do you not mix the sausage with a package of cream cheese?

MEDIFAST TOMATO SOUP

8 oz. tap water
    1 package medifast powdered tomato something

mix and micro.

Try to control your envy