Let's have a tailgate party

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Hardee's Fried Chicken

Here's an oldie but a goodie...

Drive to Bama game from Bham.
Get off of I-20/59 at the US 11 exit. Take US 11 through the beautiful countryside.
Pull into the Hardee's resturant in Alberta City.
Go through the dirve through and order an eight-piece chicken and four biscuits for each tailgating participant.
Pull out of the parking lot onto US 11 and continue until it turns into University Blvd.
Find a suitable parking spot. Remove chicken and biscuits from box and eat.
(For best results, it is recommended that the chicken be consumed along with several cold beers)

We used to do that in days gone by when we were young and stupid and didn't care about cooking at the game. And I don't think this recipe is good anymore, as I think Hardee's stopped selling chicken. That's a shame too--their chicken was fantastic.
:tongue: lol :p_redeye:

corn dip

2 cans of yellow and white corn mixed (drain corn before)
1 can mexi-corn (drain corn before)
8 oz sour cream
8 oz mayo
1 bunch green onions chopped
2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar chease
4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 jar of sliced jalapeños (will have to chop)....add as much as you want for spiciness

mix everything in a big bowl and keep refrigerated. best if mixed night before so flavors can mix in. can be doubled w/ a large group…use 3 yel/wht corn and 2 mexi corn and double everything else.

serve with Tortilla chips (i prefer the small scoops for this)

this stuff is guaranteed to disappear

tam4bama

Dec 6, 2005
BAMA cheese dip..

1lb Ground beef scrambled and drained
1 XL package of Velveeta..(the biggest one they make)
2 cans Chili Hot beans
2 can diced tomatoes with green chilles(drain them)(Roteil or brand of your choice)

While the Ground beef is frying.Turn the crock pot on high and dice up the cheese and let it start melting..Pour in other ingredients...After you have drained the beef, pour over other indredients in crock pot and wait about 5 minutes..The hot beef sort of speeds up the melting process. Once all the cheese is melted turn crock pot down to low..Serve with warm salted chips and enjoy. This is messy and delicious. Have napkins and plastic bowls ready for your BAMA fans..Enjoy!

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Re: Pinwheels (Sausage)

Sausage Pinwheels

1 lb. sausage
2 pkgs. Pillsbury crescent rolls

Divide sausage into 8 equal pieces. Separate crescent rolls into rectangles (4 from each package). Flatten rolls with fingers sealing perforations on each rectangle. Then place uncooked sausage on each piece of dough, covering with a thin layer of sausage. Roll up pinwheel fashion. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze. When frozen, slice each roll into thin pieces. Bake according to package directions.
do you not mix the sausage with a package of cream cheese?

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
We do these for every home game and take them in a cooler to the lot. Serve with cold beverage and enjoy.

Buccaneer Spicy Shrimp

Ingredients:
Boiling water seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup Heinz Ketchup
1/4 cup Heinz Cider Vinegar
2 tbsp. Heinz Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Red hot sauce to taste
3 bay leaves
2 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup onion slices
Grilled Garlic Bread

Directions:
Bring a pot of water to a boil and season with old bay seasoning.
In a bowl, combine the vegetable oil, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, mustard, hot sauce (I use Hooter's brand), and bay leaves. Set this marinade aside.

Place the shrimp in the rapidly boiling water and cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp are bright pink and cooked. Drain.

Immediately toss the shrimp in the marinade. Add the onions. Cover and refrigerate them for at least 4 hours (I do this the night before). Take to game in cooler.

While the shrimp is marinating in the cooler, grill up some garlic bread to serve along with the shrimp.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.