Anderson says Tide practices tougher than Redskin's

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ce-was-tougher-than-nfl/ar-AApxkxr?li=BBnba9I

“Practices there are a little bit rougher than (they are) here,” Anderson said. “We do a lot of banging around there, so it definitely prepared me physically and mentally for this grind that I’m doing now.”

Anderson was quick to point out that he wasn’t trying to undermine the competition in Washington, but he simply felt Alabama practices were more physical.
“I ain’t taking no reps against no freshman that just coming in from high school,” he added. “All these guys are good, and they’ve got families to feed. So you’re gonna have to go hard every play out there, you know, just try to get your foot in the door.”

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
In all fairness, he did practice with first round draft pics at Bama.

Also, if I look at the past ten years comparing the two teams, needed solely on performance at the respective levels, I'd still agree with him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The NFL handles practice totally different. Players are an investment.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm sure some of the veterans will ensure the next time he's asked this question his response will a bit different. As someone has alluded to, the NFL is a different animal and they treat their players as investments. They also hit a helluva 'lot harder than the college players. Just ask Leonard Fournette, who became popular this weekend via a video floating around of him getting absolutely BLOWN UP at Jaguars practice.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This makes a lot of sense. He did also say this...

[FONT=&quot]“I ain’t taking no reps against no freshman that just coming in from high school. All these guys are good, and they’ve got families to feed. So you’re gonna have to go hard every play out there, you know, just try to get your foot in the door.”[/FONT]

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
His English classes, on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think that is taught anymore in public schools or on college/university campuses. I would comment on WHY, but that could get this placed in the Non-Sports forum or me banned.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
NFL teams already know what you can do on & off the football field when the invest mega money in player's they draft..

No sense in risking injury by having hard practices..All they want is for the players to learn their specific systems as fast as humanly possible..

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
NFL teams already know what you can do on & off the football field when the invest mega money in player's they draft..

No sense in risking injury by having hard practices..All they want is for the players to learn their specific systems as fast as humanly possible..
True ... they have a different way of preparing for success in games. The physical hard works comes in the off season, the guys that dedicate themselves to continued growth physically in the off-season are usually the ones that excel more. Key word is usually. Some guys are just talented period. But one of the things that continue to separate folks in the NFL pack is the ability to go the extra step as an individual out side of team workouts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.