Tide Takes Canada (Updates on Games and Any News from Trip Here)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Just got back from the game...

Like someone else posted, Carleton couldn't miss a shot if they tried...

And while I'm the antithesis of a student of the game of basketball, whatever defensive scheme they utilized seemed to stifle our boys...

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Trying to post some pics, but it's not happening...

If anyone would like some, please pm me w your email address, and I suspect I'll have more success that way...

Last edited:

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Trying to post some pics, but it's not happening...

If anyone would like some, please pm me w your email address, and I suspect I'll have more success that way...
Awesome! Thanks I will definitely get it to you today

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I didn't get to watch the game, but you have to remember that defense takes longer to learn when you have new guys in the lineup. You have to communicate on defense and that takes time to learn. Coach Johnson wanted a tough game and the outcome, win or lose, will help us in the long run. He is looking at combinations and evaluating players now rather than in season. This is a good team, perhaps one of the most talented team ever, but this is still a work in progress so don't forget that we still have a ways to go. I suspect if Dazon is in the lineup, we'll look better. He has experience running the team and Sexton may be talented, but he still has to learn the system. It looks to me that Petty is ready for prime time day 1. coach Johnson also probably doesn't mind that we lost so he can remind them they need to continue to work hard to get better.

We have another game tonight so I'll be streaming it to see how we look. I can't wait until the season begins.
Buckle up Bama. RTR.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I didn't get to watch the game, but you have to remember that defense takes longer to learn when you have new guys in the lineup. You have to communicate on defense and that takes time to learn. Coach Johnson wanted a tough game and the outcome, win or lose, will help us in the long run. He is looking at combinations and evaluating players now rather than in season. This is a good team, perhaps one of the most talented team ever, but this is still a work in progress so don't forget that we still have a ways to go. I suspect if Dazon is in the lineup, we'll look better. He has experience running the team and Sexton may be talented, but he still has to learn the system. It looks to me that Petty is ready for prime time day 1. coach Johnson also probably doesn't mind that we lost so he can remind them they need to continue to work hard to get better.

We have another game tonight so I'll be streaming it to see how we look. I can't wait until the season begins.
Buckle up Bama. RTR.
True, this season will be filled with ups and downs but once this team gels, I think we will be able to compete to win more times than not. The reality is, with the possibility of injuries and shooting struggles during the season we will lose a tough game or three that we could have won. With this group of players, we will be in a prime spot to make a very good run this year. They just have to stay focused on getting better. #BUCKLEUP

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Missed yesterday's game with Ottawa! 2-1 on the trip is great, very proud for the team! Lot's to bring back home from this trip. Six players in double figures has to excite coach!
Won by 10 without Sexton, Ingram and Jones. Agreed it was a very good trip and this will be an invaluable experience when they get back after it in October.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.