Link: Transfer QBs felt misled by Coach Saban

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I think Cecil is questioning the overall objective (agenda) of ESPN and the writer of the piece. As he pointed out, every year a couple of hundred QB's sign with schools and, at some point, a significant number transfer. Why specifically Alabama and Nick Saban? It gets clicks.

He also makes the point that both Bateman and Barnett got beat by a better QB. Period. Both had plenty of time in the program and neither seized the opportunity. Sometimes you simply have to "tip your hat" to the other guy and say "you kicked my tail".

What I question almost as much is the response by Barnett of "just answered questions". To me it seems like a cop out.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Bateman should have known. He basically couldn't beat Coker or Sims out for his 1st 2 years.

Barnett... I think it was a lot of things. Some we won't go into. But I really think him being the starter for game 1 made him think he was the #1.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
What are the odds that the guy who has long railed about how he doesn't have a depth chart would tell any player that he is the uncontested starter?

Does our former OC have any previous history that might suggest that the clarity of his interpersonal communications sometimes leaves something to be desired?

Someone give these guys a business card that they can pull out and read from when interviewed: "I appreciate my time at Alabama. Had everything worked out the way I had hoped, I would still be there. Obviously, I'm not, and there are valuable lessons that I gained from that. When one dream doesn't pan out, sometimes you need leave it behind and refocus on another. I look forward to applying what I learned from my experience there to my current opportunity, and to the opportunities and dreams that I encounter throughout my life."

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
What are the odds that the guy who has long railed about how he doesn't have a depth chart would tell any player that he is the uncontested starter?

Does our former OC have any previous history that might suggest that the clarity of his interpersonal communications sometimes leaves something to be desired?

Someone give these guys a business card that they can pull out and read from when interviewed: "I appreciate my time at Alabama. Had everything worked out the way I had hoped, I would still be there. Obviously, I'm not, and there are valuable lessons that I gained from that. When one dream doesn't pan out, sometimes you need leave it behind and refocus on another. I look forward to applying what I learned from my experience there to my current opportunity, and to the opportunities and dreams that I encounter throughout my life."
I'm still waiting to see the preseason depth chart for 2007.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.