Tuscaloosa
Re: Dre Kilpatrick thinks Saban was outcoached in CFPCG

Adjusted title to be a bit less teaser-title-y

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

Seems like the floodgates are opening up with anti-Saban articles now...

Par for the course right before the season starts. I can't wait until we stomp FSU.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Maybe. But Clemson still needed an unbelievable performance from SR QB Watson (a late TD) and a freshman performance by a freshman (Hurts) for Clemson to squeaked by Alabama.

So, I'm going to disagree with Dre. Not the finest performance by Saban and the coaching staff but outcoached.....that's stretching it.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I find the term "out coached" overused. What does it even mean and how can you measure it?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

i wouldn't say Saban was outcoached, but then again, i told my buddies that we'd lose 35-24 so i wasn't particularly shocked by the result.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA

Dre brings up an interesting point about them scoring twice on the same type of play.

I've often wondered since if Saban had to spend more time managing the offense that game than he normally would have, given the OC situation.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

He was right. Especially when he was speaking about the switch at the goal line for the final touchdown. It had already happened once during the game, so the second time they should have been ready for it. It is a tough situation for the db's to be put in.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Isn't he misinformed about the practices? They don't do two-a-days much anymore because of NCAA restrictions. Not because Coach Saban has "gotten softer."
I don't have much of a problem about his comments. Frankly, it sounds like an older child giving his dad a hard time because he doesn't spank the baby of the family.

Anyway, whether he was out coached or not, I don't care. I'm beyond ready to get this season underway and move on from last year.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

​He right. The game has passed CNS by. Time to let him go.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015

When they got that bogus PI call on Hootie on the next to last play, my heart sank. It put them in pretty much the exact same spot on the field where they ran the first pick play. I was screaming for a time out, as they came out in the same formation.

Dabo and Clemson knew that since they got away with it earlier, they were quite confident pushing their entire pile of chips into the center of the table, with the belief there was no way that crew would flag the same play with the game on the line

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Someone need to post this in the locker room where Saban will see it. :biggrin:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va

IIRC...hasn't Coach Saban said before that his main forte is in recruiting, and not so much in head coaching? Could that be why he does so much yelling at his coordinators when the offense and defense are not performing up to the standards he has set for them? So, if I am correct on this, why would it not seem possible that CNS might have been out-coached. I think Bama has had Coaches that have said anytime you score at least 17 points, you shouldn't lose. Then again, when you go up against a buzzsaw like Clemson had last year, you definitely need a larger cushion.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

IIRC...hasn't Coach Saban said before that his main forte is in recruiting, and not so much in head coaching? Could that be why he does so much yelling at his coordinators when the offense and defense are not performing up to the standards he has set for them? So, if I am correct on this, why would it not seem possible that CNS might have been out-coached. I think Bama has had Coaches that have said anytime you score at least 17 points, you shouldn't lose. Then again, when you go up against a buzzsaw like Clemson had last year, you definitely need a larger cushion.
Buzzsaw? Buzzsaw? Did you watch the first half? That buzzsaw had fewer teeth than a hillbilly in Marengo county. It took two blatantly obvious offensive fouls and one of the worst performances in terms of consistency from our offense in sustaining drives for Clemson to win. That is what it took. Every defensive minded coach in America will be outcoached as long as receivers can tackle block the corner covering another receiver. Sure everybody runs pick plays, but those two were atrocious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA

It's easy for people to sit back and second guess.
It took two illegal pick plays and our running back that CU had no answer for getting hurt for CU to beat us and that's with having a freshman at QB and an OC that had been in the position for not very long. CNS (in my opinion) did not get outcoached. You would expect 1 illegal pick play to get called and you would certainly expect the second one to get called but they didn't soooooo...............
Bottom line is that a few things went against us and a few things went for them and they won by 4 points.
There is an agenda (not necessarily a conspiracy) with the media wanting to knock Bama off. They are tired of having to report good things on such a backward Southern state where the people are such rednecks that they can't hardly stand it.
Let's just come out and run the table this season and bring home #17 and enjoy listening to them having to chew their collective tongue with having to say yet more good things about BAMA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.