Who will we miss the most this year

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't think we realized how much of a difference not having him on the field made the latter part of the season.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I think this is why we lost to Clemson.
Yea Eddie was greatly missed. We definitely missed him in the return game and if he was healthy vs Clemson then Minkah would have been on Renfrow again. I have a feeling Minkah would have handled that match up much better this time and definitely better than Tony Brown did.

Yep, not even close. Rueben
Reuben will definitely be missed but at least the talent replacing him is top tier with Evans. Depending on how the CB2 spot works out I still think Humphrey is the guy we will really miss.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Saltwater Jack, or whatever his name is.

(Too hard to resist. I'll shut up now.)

(Wonder if a certain guy who works in the music industry will get that cryptic wisecrack.)

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
OJ Howard. In fact, we won't even realize how much we miss him, because he was never utilized properly.
Nailed it. He was lost in a Kiffen run Offense, which is an absolute travesty considering his talent. You play him like a Jimmy Graham/Gronc and he could be just as dangerous as any WR on the team.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Wasn't sure how to take this '91.

Until I heard Coach yesterday... :(
I was actually thinking about Griffith...not because he was so good, but because we have nothing to replace him. I think the lack of confidence in the PK might be so great as to affect our playcalling. As in, 4th and 4 at the 30 is no longer a no-brainer FG attempt.

But the extension of that is 3rd and 6 at the 33 is no longer heavy passing. If you know that, absent a negative play, you're going on 4th, the whole playbook is open. Shades of that Texas high school team that almost never punts.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
But the extension of that is 3rd and 6 at the 33 is no longer heavy passing. If you know that, absent a negative play, you're going on 4th, the whole playbook is open. Shades of that Texas high school team that almost never punts.
I prefer this attitude anyway. Give the Bama offense a 3rd and six where they know they're going for it on 4th down if needed, the playbook is pretty wide open....

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I really liked Ryan Anderson. Watched the Bama in 60 on sec network the other night. He made so many big plays; Ole miss forced fumble Payne scored on, big hit on Allen for a pick, Washington pick six, and Clemson fumble return. I'm forgetting lots but he was a force down the stretch. Reminded me of Upshaw. When Ryan hit you it was definitely felt.

Although he had critical mistakes at big times, cam Robinson could be missed if the right side doesn't solidify.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
The best part about this is I see legitimacy in everyone's response. I also have confidence that new guys will ultimately make us happy this year filling the roles of the guys we mentioned. We have nfl pipelines at all positions except qb and k.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Interesting that Cam Robinson hasn't been mentioned. Although he had his share of mistakes, he was a great pass protector. Can J Williams produce from the left like he did from the right? Are you confident in the new RT? I'm seeing so many defensive responses, but Bama is loaded on D.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Interesting that Cam Robinson hasn't been mentioned. Although he had his share of mistakes, he was a great pass protector. Can J Williams produce from the left like he did from the right? Are you confident in the new RT? I'm seeing so many defensive responses, but Bama is loaded on D.
I certainly won't miss Cam's 3 false starts per game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.