Who will we miss the most this year

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Reading this thread is a reminder to me that the players we lost to the NFL from last year's team may be the greatest exodus of talent ever in Tuscaloosa. Incredible play making ability from that group. Our defense will need a little time to begin to replace that group.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Anderson - setting the edge vs the run play after play so Allen, Hamilton and Foster could clean up....
He was a lot more than an edge setter, but I agree, I'd say pick any of him, Allen, or Williams as most missed. Like several others have said, Reuben will be missed, but that's more because he was a really special talent and was fun to watch, maybe the best pursuit LB I can recall in recent memory -- we should fine at LB even without him.

Not that I think the pass rush will tank without the three guys I mentioned or anything, just an area I don't yet fill secure in.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I think Reuben's biggest asset was that his teammates loved him - he was violent but had a joie de vivre about the game. Ro's teammates feared him but last year's bunch was so successful in part because they played for the sheer joy of playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Tim Williams. The most disruptive force on the team, last year. Allen was a close second. I just don't see anyone this year bringing close to what Williams brought. Payne will be great, but the loss of those two will make everybody else's job on the defense a lot tougher.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is a testament to the depth of last year's team that so many players are named in this thread. Still not sure how that team lost. The best team in college football history. SMH

Kris35

Aug 13, 2017
Tim Williams no question in my opinion. The speed that he brought off the edge was unreal. His ability to speed rush the passer (even if it wasn't for a sack) was part of the reason for all the picks we had. I clearly remember what our secondary looked like prior to him coming and bringing that dominant speed rush, and it wasn't nice at all. I'm kinda nervous actually with him gone. I'm sure there's some other 4 star or 5 star to replace him. But mannnnn that speed from the edge was unreal

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.