Spurrier Trolls LSU at Independence Bowl Luncheon

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If it was a home game......it would have been Williams-Brice Stadium in Columbia.

His last game as coach of the Gamecocks was at Tiger Stadium against LSU, however.
South Carolina was the home team in that game, though. That was his point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is one of those things that makes me chuckle because it's a good burn, but I don't really care for it because I've lost so much respect for Spurrier. We'll call it a draw.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
The barbs used to be good but after he quit mid-season, his has put himself in a position that his legacy will be that of a quitter and the usual childish barb. What I find so interesting about this barb, is that imo he seems to say that he never had good players and that he was so great as a coach that he could coach bad players to a win over good players. His Florida teams had some great players and he had a number of really good players at South Carolina.... He seems to outweigh the x's and o's over the jimmies and joes...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
This is one of those things that makes me chuckle because it's a good burn, but I don't really care for it because I've lost so much respect for Spurrier. We'll call it a draw.
Yes. It's also pretty empty to me because, well, he himself has had the same problems in the past.

For example, being good enough to beat us in 2010 and promptly turning around and losing to Kentucky.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The barbs used to be good but after he quit mid-season, his has put himself in a position that his legacy will be that of a quitter and the usual childish barb. What I find so interesting about this barb, is that imo he seems to say that he never had good players and that he was so great as a coach that he could coach bad players to a win over good players. His Florida teams had some great players and he had a number of really good players at South Carolina.... He seems to outweigh the x's and o's over the jimmies and joes...
He's one of the ones who think Coach Saban is overrated as a coach because we have all these good players and anyone could win with such an advantage. The problem is, he and others completely discount all the work that went into getting those players, developing them, and integrating them into a system he created. Yes, most of our games over the past decade were won before the opening kickoff. Because of Nick Saban.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.