Tailgating memories

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Anyone having a cool story or funny ancedote they would like to share and possibly have it added to the cookbook please post here.

bilbo@work

All-SEC
Dec 9, 1999
atlanta, ga
Well it's not a funny story but one I remember.

It was a game at Legion Field several years back. We always parked at the same spot across the street from a beauty shop. We consumed many adult beverages before and after the game. We were playing catch with the football and my buddy slipped on some gravel trying to make a diving catch and fell. We got home and he went to bed. He woke his wife up at 2 in the morning complaining he couldn't sleep due to pain in his shoulder. Took him to the emergency room and sure enough he had broken his collar bone.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
This isn't really food related or Bama related, but I remember a story a couple of years ago about some Dolphins fans who left their single use grill underneath their SUV. Apparently the fire hadn't gone out and after the game their SUV had burned to the ground. Cars onb either side were smoldered as well.

BamaArrived2006

All-American
Apr 2, 2003
Marietta, Georgia
My first real tailgating memory happened 2 seasons ago we were hanging out with my bro's friend's family and Andrew(my bro's friend) was drinking a coke and he set it down and a wasp went in it. The next drink came and Andrew had the wasp in his mouth and it bit his toungue and then his toungue swelled up really bad!

:biga2:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Man, you brought back a memory. Years ago, I'd driven over to the Chatooga River, border of GA and SC, and we'd planned a combo raft/kayak trip. My BIL had flown down from NJ with his son. We were going to drive back to HSV after the trip. At the takeout, I'd cracked a beer and set it down on the hood of the car while I was loading up the boats. When I picked it up and took a swallow, there was something fuzzy in my mouth and the taste of novocaine flooded my mouth and there was a dull pain on the bottom right of my tongue. I spit out a yellow jacket. I drove the six hours back to HSV, while all my mates slept soundly as I cursed them. We got stopped by the cops in Hayesville, NC, while they spent 45 minutes checking our identities, etc. I'm sure we looked suspicious, with five kayaks on top a Mercedes, everyone but the driver asleep, driving from the direction of a prime whitewater river. I didn't swell, and a couple of Advil killed the dull pain. I'd add a caveat, though. The less swelling and local reaction one has to bee stings, etc., the more at risk one is of a life-threatening anaphylactic shock reaction - and vice versa...

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Man, you brought back a memory. Years ago, I'd driven over to the Chatooga River, border of GA and SC, and we'd planned a combo raft/kayak trip. My BIL had flown down from NJ with his son. We were going to drive back to HSV after the trip. At the takeout, I'd cracked a beer and set it down on the hood of the car while I was loading up the boats. When I picked it up and took a swallow, there was something fuzzy in my mouth and the taste of novocaine flooded my mouth and there was a dull pain on the bottom right of my tongue. I spit out a yellow jacket. I drove the six hours back to HSV, while all my mates slept soundly as I cursed them. We got stopped by the cops in Hayesville, NC, while they spent 45 minutes checking our identities, etc. I'm sure we looked suspicious, with five kayaks on top a Mercedes, everyone but the driver asleep, driving from the direction of a prime whitewater river. I didn't swell, and a couple of Advil killed the dull pain. I'd add a caveat, though. The less swelling and local reaction one has to bee stings, etc., the more at risk one is of a life-threatening anaphylactic shock reaction - and vice versa...
Probably a good thing your tongue didn't swell up, or the cops might have thought you were blitzed trying to talk with a mouth full of tongue. ;)

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
I have an embarrassing story...

I forget what game it was, but it doesn't matter. Me and my dad were taking turns pulling the cooler from the car. It was filled with my beer, his beer, and some buddies of ours beer. Basically it was full of beer, and I think a bottle of wine too... Anyways, Dad was pulling it along the sidewalk around the quad when we he ran over a wad of extension cords ran across the sidewalk. Long story short he kept going and the cooler stopped, fell over, and spilled everything. I think the whole quad looked at us and went "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Quite embarrassing...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.