Saban on the Offense

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Decent, indeed!

Phil Steele has our OL pegged as second best in the country! :cool2:
Your o-line was ranked #2 in the country last year, too. Ohio State's was ranked #1. Clemson beat us both.

I think that everyone just wants more consistency on the o-line than we saw last year.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
I am definitely excited about seeing the offense this season. I want to see Bama get back to physically dominating the 4th quarter by running the ball with our O Line and fresh running backs making their butts quit! The other team knows our running game is coming and they can't do a dog gone thing about it. Like that LSU game a couple years ago with Henry putting like 240 yards on them. I love that!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If we can throw the ball well this year and run a balanced offense I don't know how anyone will stop us consistently. With Jalen, the insane talent at RB and the 3 OL starters from last year we are going to be able to run the ball on almost everyone (if not everyone). If the passing game poses a consistent and legitimate threat, watch out...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If we can throw the ball well this year and run a balanced offense I don't know how anyone will stop us consistently. With Jalen, the insane talent at RB and the 3 OL starters from last year we are going to be able to run the ball on almost everyone (if not everyone). If the passing game poses a consistent and legitimate threat, watch out...
Considering the emphasis on it, I can`t imagine that it won`t. We`ve got deep, middle, and flair type threats out of the backfield with our RBs. Given just decent time by the O line, Jalen should have targets running everywhere from which to choose.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Nick said in the interview that we are going to go back to more of what we did when AJ was qb-- a strong passing game and more balance on O.
If (IF) we can play that kind of ball again, coupled with Jalen's running ability, this offense should be almost impossible to stop.

I think this "news" certainly means Jalen has shown lots of improvement in being able to drop back and go thru progressions and see the field. Awesome, if so!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I truly believe we could have one of our best offensive units ever this year if Hurts has actually made big progress as a passer.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Exactly !
Your o-line was ranked #2 in the country last year, too. Ohio State's was ranked #1. Clemson beat us both.

I think that everyone just wants more consistency on the o-line than we saw last year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.