Alabama Players in the NFL

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
Think we have some Raider fans on here, so they can correct me if I'm off base when I say this appears to be more about Jon Gruden being stupid.
he traded Mack and a second round pick for two first round picks...you be the judge. and yes, a Raiders fan since watching them win SB 15. heck i was a Raiders fan before i was a die hard Tide fan....

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Could it be that Chuckie is still angry about how he got treated the first time at the Raiders, and is now trying to sabotage the team from the inside?
I personally think Gruden is the most overrated coach in the NFL. His win loss record progressively gets worse the longer he stays with a team. The Raiders were on the brink of being a solid playoff team and he has torn it apart and I would bet he won't make it 3 years before he is run off again.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
must suck to be a Raiders fan right now. trading 2 of your best players, one in his prime and another who is about to be in his prime with a little patience. To the person who suspected Cooper got too big, no thats not it. The guy you are thinking of (david boston) IIRC was roiding and was a lot bigger than Cooper.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
must suck to be a Raiders fan right now. trading 2 of your best players, one in his prime and another who is about to be in his prime with a little patience. To the person who suspected Cooper got too big, no thats not it. The guy you are thinking of (david boston) IIRC was roiding and was a lot bigger than Cooper.
Raiders could potentially have three first round picks next year so I mean they could have Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Greedy Williams if they play their cards right.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Raiders could potentially have three first round picks next year so I mean they could have Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Greedy Williams if they play their cards right.
Wonder what happens when Bosa gets to the final year of his rookie deal and takes the year off so doesn’t jeopardize his free agency ;)

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Amari should thank Gruden ! California income tax at Amari's income is 13.3%, Texas is Zero. This rate will only apply to home games ,away games are taxed in the state that the game is played in. Nice raise in anyone's book. BTW, what good is a great quarterback with out an O line and poor receivers?

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Amari Cooper is an outstanding receiver and player, and I’m gonna get flamed mercilessly for this, but I’m not sure he’s tough enough to be the star he should be in the NFL.
Here’s why I say this:
In his rookie season, he either caught a pass or dropped one but was tackled by Pac-Man Jones. Jones laid on top of him, grinding him in the turf and running his mouth, and AC just laid there - no struggle to get up or get back in Jones’s face.
Since then, he’s had the “dropsies” way too often, and he’s better than that. If a WR ain’t tough, he ain’t nothing, and I’m just not sure AC is tough enough to be the star that he has the talent to be.
I’m anxiously waiting to see what happens in Dallas; maybe all he needed was a change of “culture”. I sure hope so because he’s always been one of my favorite Bama players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Amari Cooper is an outstanding receiver and player, and I’m gonna get flamed mercilessly for this, but I’m not sure he’s tough enough to be the star he should be in the NFL.
Here’s why I say this:
In his rookie season, he either caught a pass or dropped one but was tackled by Pac-Man Jones. Jones laid on top of him, grinding him in the turf and running his mouth, and AC just laid there - no struggle to get up or get back in Jones’s face.
Since then, he’s had the “dropsies” way too often, and he’s better than that. If a WR ain’t tough, he ain’t nothing, and I’m just not sure AC is tough enough to be the star that he has the talent to be.
I’m anxiously waiting to see what happens in Dallas; maybe all he needed was a change of “culture”. I sure hope so because he’s always been one of my favorite Bama players.

He's a finesse guy.....always was.

He may have bulked up to offset the "fear" --

Not a shrink, but could be a valid analysis

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Here’s why I say this:

Yeah I dont see that. He continued to have a great year that year and the following year. There were several key factors in his loss of production. Carr got hurt. And Amari got stayed hurt. And for some reason when Carr was out Amari had less drops. Weird that the 3 of the top 4 receivers with drops are/are from Oakland.

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
Is the NFL the only league which condones getting rid of good players(tanking) to be a good thing? To me that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The raiders for example have no one left. And it shows. The mindset that its ok to lose is crazy.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Is the NFL the only league which condones getting rid of good players(tanking) to be a good thing? To me that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The raiders for example have no one left. And it shows. The mindset that its ok to lose is crazy.
Tanking doesn't really work in the NFL. NBA does it though and it kinda works.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.