Alabama Players in the NFL

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: Alabama Rookies in the NFL

Where have I heard that before?
Exactly what I was thinking. I hope it doesn't become his curse but he might have a big blocking roll this year and not much of a receiving roll with all the talent they have there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think Richard Mullaney sticks with the team for the season. He has done great job.
Gehrig Dieter- I haven't heard much about him, but I think he has 65 percent chance of making the team. he just need to keep making catches.

Cyrus Jones- I think he gets cut. He needs fresh start with different team.
Reggie Ragland- Lot of people have indicated that they may trade him, but I don't see that happening. I think he eventually will take over starting spot.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I think Richard Mullaney sticks with the team for the season. He has done great job.
Gehrig Dieter- I haven't heard much about him, but I think he has 65 percent chance of making the team. he just need to keep making catches.

Cyrus Jones- I think he gets cut. He needs fresh start with different team.
Reggie Ragland- Lot of people have indicated that they may trade him, but I don't see that happening. I think he eventually will take over starting spot.
I agree on Cyrus. It's kinda sad because while I never thought he would be a pro bowler I thought he would be a solid 3rd or 4th CB in the NFL.

Ragland has apparently really struggled and isn't a great fit for the new system. He is also coming off an injury that takes a year or so to really get back to full speed. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to trade him.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Tim Williams recorded a sack last night - totally beat the left tackle.

B

BamaJ

I'm guessing Hump didn't play? I didn't get to see the game.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

not only did he shut down one pulling OL and push him back into the ball carrier, he clogged things up enough that the other pulling OL wasn't able to get through to a block either. Looks like he might have also been held on the play.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

TJ Yeldon is the odd man out though...
Yeah -- he's not what the NFL is looking for anymore. He runs too upright -- and he doesn't really have the power of other backs. He's a slasher -- and slashers get eaten up in the NFL. But, he still was on the receiving end of my favorite play ever. Always will hold a special place --

I have a signed ball with TJ, CJ and Amari --- was hoping they'd all make it to the HOF one day....looking doubtful now.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Yeah -- he's not what the NFL is looking for anymore. He runs too upright -- and he doesn't really have the power of other backs. He's a slasher -- and slashers get eaten up in the NFL. But, he still was on the receiving end of my favorite play ever. Always will hold a special place --

I have a signed ball with TJ, CJ and Amari --- was hoping they'd all make it to the HOF one day....looking doubtful now.
TJ was very effective his rookie year. Averaged a little over 4 yards per carry and had over 1,000 total yards (740 rushing and 279 receiving). Those are really good numbers considering the dumpster fire that is the Jacksonville Jaguars. His numbers fell off last year because of injury. I agree with you about his running style. It's not a good fit for every team but I think he still has a place in the league..

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015

Might this draft class rival the historic '92 defense by placing 7 defensive starters in the league?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.