Alabama Players in the NFL - Page 2
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Alabama Rookies in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    I remember that play. With his motor and technique Anderson could be very good for them for quite some time.
    He is going to get an opportunity to have a big impact this year. Trent Murphy is now out for the season so that leaves 4 OLBs including Anderson. Not to mention 2 of the other OLBs are Preston Smith who has under performed expectations in his career and seems to be too calm, and Junior Galette who has missed the entirety of the last 2 seasons. He may very well start some games this year.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

I know Ryan Anderson had a chip on his shoulder because he felt he didn't get as much pub as Tim Williams and Jon Allen. I think he's going to be taking it out on Washington's opponents this coming season.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I saw a little of the Chicago game on the NFLN. One of the announcers said John Fox compared Eddie to a HOF safety (can't recall his name). The Bears are very high on Eddie.
    Not a Bama guy, but I was impressed with Mitch Trubitsky,especially for a rookie.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Dayum--to do that to an NFL caliber OL...
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    Not a Bama guy, but I was impressed with Mitch Trubitsky,especially for a rookie.
    He looked like a veteran.

BamaNation All-American

Sounds like Reuben Foster played well and had a pass break up. Saw the highlight and he maybe could have picked it off but it would have been a great catch. Apparently he has never had an INT in a game but had 3 during 4 days of training camp so his teammates where making fun of him for not getting the one in the preseason game.

OJ Howard didn't do much. His coach did give him a "B" grade and he apparently did well blocking in the run game but he didn't have a catch.

Dieter had 1 catch for 16 yards.

Dalvin Tomlinson had 1 tackle but reportedly played really well. He was one of the Giants "Top 5 Grades" on PFF. He was their #2 grade and our friend Landon Collins was #1.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Sounds like Reuben Foster played well and had a pass break up. Saw the highlight and he maybe could have picked it off but it would have been a great catch. Apparently he has never had an INT in a game but had 3 during 4 days of training camp so his teammates where making fun of him for not getting the one in the preseason game.

OJ Howard didn't do much. His coach did give him a "B" grade and he apparently did well blocking in the run game but he didn't have a catch.

Dieter had 1 catch for 16 yards.

Dalvin Tomlinson had 1 tackle but reportedly played really well. He was one of the Giants "Top 5 Grades" on PFF. He was their #2 grade and our friend Landon Collins was #1.
    Where have I heard that before?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by MN-Tide View Post
    Where have I heard that before?
    Exactly what I was thinking. I hope it doesn't become his curse but he might have a big blocking roll this year and not much of a receiving roll with all the talent they have there.

Richard Mullaney had two receptions for 70 yards for the Browns against the Saints Friday night.

Eddie had 4 carries for 10 yards for the Seahawks against the Chargers last night.

A'Shawn didn't record any tackles yesterday against the Colts, but he did cause a sack.

Last edited by RTR91; August 14th, 2017 at 08:39 AM.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Reuben gets the starting job.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Reuben gets the starting job.

Even with injuries this is a good sign. They drafted him in the 1st for a reason and he's playing well enough to start which means they like what they see.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intl.Aperture View Post
    Even with injuries this is a good sign. They drafted him in the 1st for a reason and he's playing well enough to start which means they like what they see.
    It's a shame he was devalued and lost so much money...I hope he stays healthy and gets that second contract...
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead