Alabama Players in the NFL

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Roll Tide Baby! I love hearing about what our guys do in the pros. I try to look up stats on ESPN, but I can't see guys like Ryan Kelly show up in the stats.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Eddie is a big time player and he will be an annual Pro Bowler and will also be an All-Pro. The best thing Saban did for Eddie was move him to safety.
I'm sure you are right but Eddie has amazing ball skills and would have been successful on offense as well. He seemed to always find the seam when returning interceptions and punts as well.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I'm sure you are right but Eddie has amazing ball skills and would have been successful on offense as well. He seemed to always find the seam when returning interceptions and punts as well.
I agree with you. When they put Eddie on punt return you always had a feeling he was going to take it to the house. We got one now who also does it a lot like Eddie and hopefully he will get more chances to make returns in our last few games.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Looks like the Titans are through with D. Henry. Tried to trade him and only getting a handful of touches per game. Such a shame because I think the guy wants it so bad and he could be an everyday back. Unfortunately he is at his best when he gets 25 carries a game and needs an offense built around the running game (like the Titans the last 2 years).

Maybe he will get another chance with a team more suited for his game. Heck it took the Saints a year or two before they realized how good they could be with a running game!
Problem is, look how many backs are getting 20+ carries per week. Not many. Gurley, sometimes AP, and........

It’s a different game. RBs have been devalued so much. It’s sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Problem is, look how many backs are getting 20+ carries per week. Not many. Gurley, sometimes AP, and........

It’s a different game. RBs have been devalued so much. It’s sad.
It is not so much that they have been devalued as the value of QBs and receivers has been increased. The game has changed. Chicks dig the long ball.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
So do coaches...dig the long ball. Much easier scoring...

BTW, Cyrus K. was just signed by Denver...have always wondered why he didn't make it big, other than jumping offside occasionally.

Also -- every time I see Eddie Jackson do something outstanding part of my brain acts like a Texas fan -- "If only he had not gotten hurt we would have won the championship..." But I honestly believe we would have won by 21 points. He was that good....

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Roll Tide Baby! I love hearing about what our guys do in the pros. I try to look up stats on ESPN, but I can't see guys like Ryan Kelly show up in the stats.
And you never will. I read an article on the Colts and it was full of quotes from coaches around the league who were heaping HUGE praise on Kelly. They said he’s arguably one of the best centers in the NFL. Another said if he remains healthy he’d be an easy HOF. That’s some serious praise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It is not so much that they have been devalued as the value of QBs and receivers has been increased. The game has changed. Chicks dig the long ball.
Agreed. The Rams/Chiefs game looked like OU/Okie St. The Big 12 should be proud that their video game league has changed pro football.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
8 TD's by Bama players last week; including first time TD's for Cyrus Jones, 70yd punt return , and Robert Foster, 75 yd catch and run.
Speed, Speed, SPEED!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Hearing Freddie's name being thrown around for the UT OC job since he played with Pruitt at Bama. Freddie has been in the NFL too long to go to college IMO.
He would be crazy to leave Cleveland right now especially for UT. Makes no sense...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.