Alabama Players in the NFL - Page 30
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2023242526272829303132 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: Alabama Players in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Because we don't have a thread to discuss guy's draft stock, figured I would just post this here:

Link
    I was hoping Quinnen and Irving would stick around another year but they are both playing at such a high level it probably won't happen.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Is the NFL the only league which condones getting rid of good players(tanking) to be a good thing? To me that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The raiders for example have no one left. And it shows. The mindset that its ok to lose is crazy.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    Is the NFL the only league which condones getting rid of good players(tanking) to be a good thing? To me that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The raiders for example have no one left. And it shows. The mindset that its ok to lose is crazy.
    Tanking doesn't really work in the NFL. NBA does it though and it kinda works.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Levi Wallace has been promoted to the main 53-Man Roster for the Bills!!!

Dude is one of my favorite former players..... Super Hard Worker!!! I wouldn't doubt him accomplishing anything he wants in life.

Way to go LEVI!!!

Bleacher Report's NFL draft analyst/scout Matt Miller has his big board (top 32) out today in his weekly scouting notebook.
    It's time to update the big board once more before a full breakdown on Tuesday, November 12. Here's my most recent top 32:
    1. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
    2. Ed Oliver, DL, Houston
    3. Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama
    4. Devin White, LB, LSU
    5. Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama
    6. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU
    7. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan
    8. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson
    9. Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
    10. Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky
    11. Noah Fant, TE, Iowa
    12. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
    13. Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida
    14. Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State
    15. Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama
    16. Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
    17. Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State
    18. Dexter Lawrence, DL, Clemson
    19. Dre'Mont Jones, DL, Ohio State
    20. Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson
    21. Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
    22. Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
    23. Greg Little, OT, Ole Miss
    24. Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
    25. Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
    26. Chase Winovich, EDGE, Michigan
    27. Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn
    28. Brian Burns, EDGE, Florida State
    29. Jerry Tillery, DL, Notre Dame
    30. Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
    31. David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin
    32. Irv Smith Jr., TE, Alabama
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team

Looks like the Titans are through with D. Henry. Tried to trade him and only getting a handful of touches per game. Such a shame because I think the guy wants it so bad and he could be an everyday back. Unfortunately he is at his best when he gets 25 carries a game and needs an offense built around the running game (like the Titans the last 2 years).

Maybe he will get another chance with a team more suited for his game. Heck it took the Saints a year or two before they realized how good they could be with a running game!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama 8Ball View Post
    Looks like the Titans are through with D. Henry. Tried to trade him and only getting a handful of touches per game. Such a shame because I think the guy wants it so bad and he could be an everyday back. Unfortunately he is at his best when he gets 25 carries a game and needs an offense built around the running game (like the Titans the last 2 years).

Maybe he will get another chance with a team more suited for his game. Heck it took the Saints a year or two before they realized how good they could be with a running game!
    They are not using him right.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

This new coach has no idea how to use him...none at all. If you don't want to run him 25 times, then throw it to him out of the backfield for crying out loud.

They did resign Jalston as a way to have a power blocking back -- but then had him inactive for the last game.

How do these coaches get these jobs? The Titans have gone backwards, big time.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Bleacher Report's NFL draft analyst/scout Matt Miller has his big board (top 32) out today in his weekly scouting notebook.
    Lot can change between between now and Jan.... I'm little surprised Raekwon Davis is at #15, given his performance this season for most part. I understand he's getting double teamed a lot, but so is Q. Williams. Just amazing! Mack just need to improve his draft stock by being consistent with his game. Mack is probably gone this year.. no matter what we think... I don't know how he can improve his stock next year. I expect Irv Smith to be in top 20 when it's over and done with.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    This new coach has no idea how to use him...none at all. If you don't want to run him 25 times, then throw it to him out of the backfield for crying out loud.

They did resign Jalston as a way to have a power blocking back -- but then had him inactive for the last game.

How do these coaches get these jobs? The Titans have gone backwards, big time.
    Yup. Over and over over the last 2 years he has been deadly in the 2nd half, hitting home runs of 50 plus yards. He got , what 4 touches in the 2nd half Monday night?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bama 8Ball View Post
    Yup. Over and over over the last 2 years he has been deadly in the 2nd half, hitting home runs of 50 plus yards. He got , what 4 touches in the 2nd half Monday night?
    Patriots could pick him up or Atlanta. Think he'd be good there.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

#4 would've been #1 but he missed the first half. #freethetoothlesstiger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

All of the Bama guys are either juniors or RS sophomores. Can you imagine how good we would be if all these guys came back for '19. Our junior class next year will have a bunch of 1st rounders also.