Alabama Players in the NFL

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Reuben Foster having a good game tonight

You are correct. He let Dalvin Cook know from the start that he was there to play last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He did. Reuben had the best high school highlight video I ever saw, we know what a destroyer he was at Bama and he will do the same in the NFL. He has a different motor even with other NFL guys. Stay healthy Reuben and you will be a All-Pro every year and eventual HOFer.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Alabama Rookies in the NFL

Some of our fans barnin' hard because it was Greg Robinson that passed him on the depth chart and is now starting. Greg's been a bit of a bust himself, so hopefully a change of scenery flips the switch.
Gotta get your victories where you can. I'm happy for them.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Cyrus Jones looks to be out for the year. Knee injury
I saw that. I wonder if he would've made the 53 man roster if he didn't get injured. I don't think he was a lock. Not sure how this injury impacts his future with the Patriots but I'm sure it doesn't help. He may just need a fresh start somewhere else. That's weird to say since the Patriots are generally viewed as having the best organization in the NFL but for whatever reason Cyrus just hasn't performed well there..

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

In his first significant game action, Marlon Humphrey looked NFL-ready.

The Ravens finally got an extended look at their first-round draft pick, who’d played just six snaps in the previous three games because of nagging injuries. That in itself was a victory.

Better still, Humphrey appeared ready to contribute as the primary backup to starting cornerbacks Jimmy Smith and Brandon Carr.

The New Orleans Saints didn’t challenge Humphrey early, but once they did, he more than held his own in coverage. He broke up one pass downfield and also committed one interference penalty. But he really shined in run support, forcing a fumble with a ferocious hit late in the first quarter and making another tackle near the line of scrimmage just before halftime.
Ravens finish preseason 4-0 with 14-13 win over Saints as final roster decisions loom

Those plays fit his reputation as a big, naturally aggressive corner.

Because of that pressing style, Humphrey will probably get beat on the occasional deep ball when he starts lining up against the league’s elite. But he’ll also be a lot of fun to watch.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...ravens-five-things-saints-20170831-story.html

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I saw that. I wonder if he would've made the 53 man roster if he didn't get injured. I don't think he was a lock. Not sure how this injury impacts his future with the Patriots but I'm sure it doesn't help. He may just need a fresh start somewhere else. That's weird to say since the Patriots are generally viewed as having the best organization in the NFL but for whatever reason Cyrus just hasn't performed well there..
I read on a Pats site that since Edelman was out -- he would have been the primary return guy -- so for Special Teams he seemed close to a lock.....

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Now that the final cuts have been made, Alabama ties for 4th place for colleges most represented in the NFL. The Tide has 44 which equals Miami. Tied for second with 45 are USC and Florida. Leading the pack once again is LSU with 51 players. No one did Les with more...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.