Alabama Players in the NFL - Page 6
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Re: Alabama Rookies in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Some of our fans barnin' hard because it was Greg Robinson that passed him on the depth chart and is now starting. Greg's been a bit of a bust himself, so hopefully a change of scenery flips the switch.
    Gotta get your victories where you can. I'm happy for them.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

2. Advertisement

Cyrus Jones looks to be out for the year. Knee injury
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Gotta get your victories where you can. I'm happy for them.
    A bit of bad blood there. A lot still hold the circumstances of the SNAFU that was his recruitment against him. He committed to Auburn on NSD, only to renege and sign with Alabama.
    Just a barner.

My wife asked me the other day: "Are you even listening to me?"

Which is a really weird way to start a conversation.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Cyrus Jones looks to be out for the year. Knee injury
    I saw that. I wonder if he would've made the 53 man roster if he didn't get injured. I don't think he was a lock. Not sure how this injury impacts his future with the Patriots but I'm sure it doesn't help. He may just need a fresh start somewhere else. That's weird to say since the Patriots are generally viewed as having the best organization in the NFL but for whatever reason Cyrus just hasn't performed well there..

In his first significant game action, Marlon Humphrey looked NFL-ready.

The Ravens finally got an extended look at their first-round draft pick, who’d played just six snaps in the previous three games because of nagging injuries. That in itself was a victory.

Better still, Humphrey appeared ready to contribute as the primary backup to starting cornerbacks Jimmy Smith and Brandon Carr.

The New Orleans Saints didn’t challenge Humphrey early, but once they did, he more than held his own in coverage. He broke up one pass downfield and also committed one interference penalty. But he really shined in run support, forcing a fumble with a ferocious hit late in the first quarter and making another tackle near the line of scrimmage just before halftime.
    Ravens finish preseason 4-0 with 14-13 win over Saints as final roster decisions loom

Those plays fit his reputation as a big, naturally aggressive corner.

Because of that pressing style, Humphrey will probably get beat on the occasional deep ball when he starts lining up against the league’s elite. But he’ll also be a lot of fun to watch.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...831-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    I saw that. I wonder if he would've made the 53 man roster if he didn't get injured. I don't think he was a lock. Not sure how this injury impacts his future with the Patriots but I'm sure it doesn't help. He may just need a fresh start somewhere else. That's weird to say since the Patriots are generally viewed as having the best organization in the NFL but for whatever reason Cyrus just hasn't performed well there..
    I read on a Pats site that since Edelman was out -- he would have been the primary return guy -- so for Special Teams he seemed close to a lock.....

Re: Alabama Players in the NFL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Richard Mullaney was waived by the Browns today.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Last night in the Patriots game, Dont'a went down with a knee injury. Doesn't appear to be as bad as it looked at the time.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Last night in the Patriots game, Dont'a went down with a knee injury. Doesn't appear to be as bad as it looked at the time.

Hightower going down helped KC win that game. Pats have said after Hightower, they got nothing for a replacement and no plans for one.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Now that the final cuts have been made, Alabama ties for 4th place for colleges most represented in the NFL. The Tide has 44 which equals Miami. Tied for second with 45 are USC and Florida. Leading the pack once again is LSU with 51 players. No one did Les with more...
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

I'm sure it's been discussed but I haven't seen it. Did Eddie Jackson make the roster?(Fingers crossed)

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I'm sure it's been discussed but I haven't seen it. Did Eddie Jackson make the roster?(Fingers crossed)
    He's a starter for Bears....
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*