Alabama Players in the NFL

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Julio incinerated the Packers secondary once again and eviscerated the myth that GB and coordinator Om (No D) Capers actually could stop a team that doesn't stop itself... On the other hand Quenton Dial looks like a strong pickup for the Pack.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Eddie Lacy was a healthy scratch today for Seattle. Not looking good for him.
Yeah, I just don't get it. They scratch him because they can. They feel like he is not one of their 3 best RBs right now. Since their head coach is pretty good at this, you have to believe that Lacy deserved to be benched. Saves Seattle $$$ and maybe lights a fire under Lacy's backside.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah, I just don't get it. They scratch him because they can. They feel like he is not one of their 3 best RBs right now. Since their head coach is pretty good at this, you have to believe that Lacy deserved to be benched. Saves Seattle $$$ and maybe lights a fire under Lacy's backside.
I don't think it saves them money other than keeping Lacy from reaching any incentive based goals in his contract. Generally, at this point in the year, the base salary and such is guaranteed..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't think it saves them money other than keeping Lacy from reaching any incentive based goals in his contract. Generally, at this point in the year, the base salary and such is guaranteed..
His active roster incentives alone can reach $1MM this season.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Music City Miracle (Titans SB Nation site) raves about Derrick Henry's stiff arm

Henry is a good runner. He is agile, especially for his size, adept at squeezing through tight holes, as he exhibited on the above run. He has great patience and vision in letting his blocks develop and finding the creases to attack. He’s so smooth when he runs, that it almost looks like he’s gliding across the field. Not to mention his combination of power, size, and speed...

But Henry’s most dangerous weapon is the stiff arm. He uses it relentlessly, throwing it at opponents and teammates alike. Running to his left, with the right arm straight out, there’s no getting in Henry’s way.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Jonathan Allen has arrived guys. He was part of a DL performance that absolutely dominated one of the best OLs in the NFL. He was wrecking the OL for much of the night and was involved with 2 sacks. He was only officially credited with 1 sack for 2 half sacks. I'm not sure exactly how they credit sacks in the NFL but to my eyes it should have been 1.5 sacks. The Redskins DL was horrible last year and is starting to look like one of the better DLs in the league, Allen is a HUGE part of that.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Jonathan Allen has arrived guys. He was part of a DL performance that absolutely dominated one of the best OLs in the NFL. He was wrecking the OL for much of the night and was involved with 2 sacks. He was only officially credited with 1 sack for 2 half sacks. I'm not sure exactly how they credit sacks in the NFL but to my eyes it should have been 1.5 sacks. The Redskins DL was horrible last year and is starting to look like one of the better DLs in the league, Allen is a HUGE part of that.
The guys in the booth repeatedly gave Alabama and Saban credit for sending so many great players to the NFL.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
The guys in the booth repeatedly gave Alabama and Saban credit for sending so many great players to the NFL.
IMO Cris Collinsworth is the best color commentator in the sport. He actually knows his stuff and doesn't just repeat typical bs all the time.

I should have added Ryan Anderson seemed to play pretty well too but didn't have the same amount of opportunities. He came away with 2 tackles and one for a loss. This also wasn't the first game Allen has made an impact just his first sack of the season. He has registered a QB hit in every game this year and has continued to sniff out screens insanely well like he did at Bama.

think I heard them say he has 6 drops in first 3 games; saw one hit him right in the hands
Not really his fault tbh. We played a tone of zone to keep him from going deep on us. Crabtree got hurt too so there wasn't much of a short area threat or a run game to force the safeties to come up.
He’s been dropping balls left and right this season and he’s open when he does it. The fumbles are back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.