Alabama Players in the NFL - Page 8
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Re: Alabama Players in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    AJ's payday is coming...he will be somewhere else next year making quite a few mil per year. And starting. Cincy is stuck in neutral and their gameplay is not working.
    AJ is still only 26 years old too. If someone will just give him a legitimate shot he still has 10+ years at least that he could be a team's leader.

It reminds me of when Steve Young looked to be Montana's backup for life for a while in SF in the 80's. Not that Dalton is Montana or AJ is Young talent wise but the situations are similar.

I really think he could be a Top 10 Pro-Bowl quality QB. I REALLY wanted Denver to get him when they were looking around even though I like Trevor Siemian.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I think the Bungles wanted too much for AJ. (By too much, I mean the teams inquiring) I think the Bungles wanted a 1st round draft pick.

BamaNation All-American

I love AJ and hope he get his chance but I just don't buy that he is a long term franchise QB kind of guy. I think he would be a solid starter and probably better than some guys starting right now but I would be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a legitimate franchise QB.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Bengals went two games without scoring TDs. The problem with the offense is that they aren't consistent enough to score 10, 17 points. Injecting AJ as a QB might be a good move. We saw what Watson did last night. He can move the team down the field. AJ Should be getting some look by now. Dalton won't make it by Game 4 if he struggles.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I love AJ and hope he get his chance but I just don't buy that he is a long term franchise QB kind of guy. I think he would be a solid starter and probably better than some guys starting right now but I would be pleasantly surprised if he turns into a legitimate franchise QB.
    I agree that I don't think he's a QB that you can build a franchise around like Andrew Luck but I do think he could play at a pro bowl level in the right situation. He needs to be on a team that has good surrounding talent on offense and a good defense like the Broncos..

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Good thing for AJ is he is getting paid, staying healthy and can have a long career.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

While on the discussion of AJ, who had him in the office pool of "Last SEC QB in the NFL from the 2014 Draft?"
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    While on the discussion of AJ, who had him in the office pool of "Last SEC QB in the NFL from the 2014 Draft?"
    I always thought he was better than Mettenberger or Murray. I didn't think Manziel would crash and burn so fast though.

Oh and speaking of SEC players drafted in general that year that still play....Clowney was starting for The Texans at LB and low and behold he was actually giving effort on plays again!!! Had a pretty awesome fumble return where he ran George Teague style one hand palming it...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I always thought he was better than Mettenberger or Murray. I didn't think Manziel would crash and burn so fast though.

Oh and speaking of SEC players drafted in general that year that still play....Clowney was starting for The Texans at LB and low and behold he was actually giving effort on plays again!!! Had a pretty awesome fumble return where he ran George Teague style one hand palming it...lol.
    I figured the three pro-style guys would all at least be in AJ's shoes. Timing matters in these situations more than we ever realize in the moment.

Clowney was starting to show real effort last year. If he and JJ stay healthy, that defense will be very good. It'll have to carry the team while Watson and the younger guys on offense get acclimated to the NFL.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I am kinda glad that they are not letting him play right now. The entire offense is a mess. Not sure what is up, but it is not all Dalton. Pretty sure that AJ would look just as bad, and he can't afford to look bad when he gets his shot.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    I thought Manziel was the worst 1st round QB pick since Tebow. Dude has an arm and some athleticism but never seemed like a pro QB to me. I thought Murray was going to be gone faster than he was. Mettenberger was the one I was off on. I thought he would have a long career at least as a back up.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I am not sure any of us thinks he will be a franchise QB (there are only a handful of them now). I think he can be a good QB that shows great leadership and he can take a team to the play-offs and possibly beyond. AJ has a certain confidence that makes others want to follow.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

This sounds like the next game will determine Dalton's future as Bengal's QB. If he struggles again at Halftime, I expect AJ to get a shot.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*